+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could this work out?

Could this work out?

Well about a year ago I met this really awesome guy on the Internet. (btw hes one year younger than me and im 14) We became really good friends and decided to give our phone numbers to each other. This was at the beginning of the summer.

About that weeks after a more personal contact he did something that really surprised me. He admitted that he had a crush in me. Now I was taken aback, I mean, who could have a crush on me? We didn't want that to affect our friendship, so we dropped the subject. But on the inside I was having a total girl freak out moment. That's when I realized I'd had a crush in him too.

So fast forward a month or two. It's the start of July, about a week after the 4th. We started getting on the topic of some personal stuff and somehow I admitted I had a crush on him too. I literally smacked myself on the face. Why on earth did I do that? Luckily we were just texting and he didn't see my actual reaction.

Now I know what you must be thinking, why would you do that with a stranger? Well we weren't really strangers. We skype and text all the time and had gotten to know each other really well. Kinda like online dating in a way.

Currently after my really embarrassing confession, we say little things like "I love you" every once in awhile. And seriously, I blush like crazy every time even though he's not really there. Getting to that, I am saying right now that I live in California. (Woo, lucky me!) and he lives in Arizona. (and in case you didn't know, they are right next to each other) The ironic thing is that he lives about a hour away from my Great Aunt and Uncle, which I visit at the end of every summer.

Sometimes we joke around about seeing each other, and making crazy impossible arrangements. But of course we really want to see each other in person for the first time. Of course we know what we both look like, we have Skype and instagram. So that wouldn't be the problem.

His parents enrolled him in a year round school, which started last week. It does kinda bum me out that we can't talk as much as we used too, but it's not a huge deal. He talks about how half the girls in his class have crushes on him. I've seen pics of them, and they are waaaaaayyyy more attractive than me. He doesn't sound like he's interested in any of them, but that could change. Who wouldn't fall for some super hot chicks? I try not to, but I sometimes get super jealous.

I really want things to work out between us. I want to keep things how they are in the hopes that someday we can have a more intimate relationship. Though I do want him to be happy over everything else, so I won't hold him back from going for any of those other girls. I just really, really, really don't want him too. I know that's super selfish but I just can't help it!

So do you think things could be progressing forward, or at least have the potential to? Or will it probably just turn out into an awkward friend-zone situation? Please help, I'm not sure of what to do.

Pay close attention to this before the rest come in here with nonsense.

If you feel the way you do about him, and you have the chance to see him at the end of the summer, absolutely go for it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You are young, and while a long distance relationship isn't the same as when you get older, you have the chance to innocently spend some time with someone you care deeply about. Whether the relationship will work (which at this stage in your life, it really won't) or not, shouldn't stop you from meeting him.

Keep in contact with him... and when you're older if the feelings are still there for both of you when its time for college... revisit it.

things could be progrees go for it

never give up always think possitive

You both are way too young to be running off to meet. Hun you are only 14, it's not a good idea to keep this a secret from your parents or your aunt and uncle. If you wish to meet him, I would advise that it's a supervised visit. Have him come to your uncle and aunt's house to hang out. Meeting a stranger off the internet is not really for someone at your age to be doing, so choose your actions wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by ayatora View Post
    never give up always think possitive
    Yeah even if it appears to be 30 year old guy dont give up and maybe something can happen.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will