+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need help for insomnia:

need help for insomnia:

I have always been a night owl. I find it hard to sleep and I like staying up late but I also like getting up early and I have to anyway coz I work. It has become a habit though and I find it so hard to sleep. Even if I go to bed at 12, I could still be awake at 2 or 3. There have been nights where I dont sleep until 4 or 5-normally if I am stressed.

Does anyone have any tips that I could try. I have tried reading which helps sometimes, herbal tea, bath before bedtime, I even took sleeping pills for a week but I don't want to get hooked on them, I tried a detox which worked for a week.

Is there anything else I can do? Im at work now and so tired. I wish I could get more sleep

I have a very active mind and my job is so boring that my brain isn't stimulated which makes it even harder to sleep as I am restless when I get home. I am hoping a new busier job will help if/when I get it but is there anything else I can do for now?
    Last edited by michelle23; 26-07-13 at 07:25 PM.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Try working out. When I can't sleep, I run and do various other light exercises. I use to have really bad isomnia.
    I woke up a half hour ago and don't have to do anything today. I soooo want to go back to sleep. I wish I still smoked weed, lol.
    I would take my own advice but injured myself while running at work. The insomnia is already coming back and it's only been a few days. Bummer.

Studies have shown that working out at moornings makes its easier to sleep at nights. And thats understandable cause your body fully wakes up(normaly its after half hour working out).

Yesterday spend all day in garden and almost fell asleep in bus, then came home and woke up this moorning with all the clothes on. Physical work is best for healty sleep.

Maybe you could work more around the house and spend more time cooking. Be a good woman you know.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

lol thanks guys. Definitely need more exercise. I always find washing floors to be a good workout haha. It makes me sweat but I am gonna start making good use of my bfs gym upstairs. hmm take off his top, work out together while watching his delicious muscles ripple and then have some hot dirty sweaty fun time

Sounds good to me. I shall start tonight. Get off my lazy ass.

My legs are really weak too. I think its from sitting down all day at work. I have poor circulation and my knees feel weak. Im gonna start taking some fish oils and work out

No caffeine( coffees or sodas) or alcohol drinks after 2-4 pm is what works for alot of peeps.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Have you tried reading, Michelle? When I'm really upset, my insomnia gets really bad, and I'll end up reading. It usually is a good way to just relax my mind because I don't have to focus on tasks like at work or something or even the problem that bothers me. Either that or maybe journal a little if you haven't tried it? I'm not saying go out and buy a journal just to try it- start with a piece of notebook paper or something. Just go on about your day. Sometimes, that knocks me right out.

I hope this helps, Michelle! Sweet dreams!

Thanks rowen. I always read a lot until my aunt died and i loved it-it really relaxed me and helped me sleep but after she dies i just lost interest in reading. I have been trying to get back into it for awhile-i just havnt found a good book for ages. I tried reading fifty shade-what a load of crap. But ill defo go looking for sa few good books and try to get bsck into it

i tried the journal too but i feel weird writing all my feelings down encase someone finds it and reads it haha.

I started doing proper exercise too the last few days. Im feeling the pain now but hopefully it wilp help me sleep

thanks guys xx