+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Opposites DO attract ( E &P Sexuality)

Opposites DO attract ( E &P Sexuality)

Hey everyone, I'm here to share the wealth. Spread the knowledge that I've learned through life experience.

Over the last year I've been learning, understanding, using, and sharing the information regarding The Emotional and Physical Sexuality that we possess. Now, when I say sexuality, I don't mean how we crave sex. I mean behavior ( personalities). It's a theory coined by Dr John Kappas, Hypnotherapist.

He suggested that our behaviors are learned from our parents. Who we are in a relationship is usually derived from our secondary care givers (father). We learn to be either primarily introverts (emotional) or extroverts ( physical). And both sexualities are designed to protect the subdominant behavior. If anyone is interested I can go into greater detail on that later.

As the theory suggestions, OPPOSITES DO ATTRACT, and opposite personalities are the key to a healthy relationship. The deciding factor though is understanding those personalities. It's important to have commonalities in a relationship such as a favorite sports team or a favorite hobbies, but when two people are a like in the core personality, such as both being introverted or both being extremely overbearing, this can lead to serious disasters. I have plenty of personal stories to fill this gap.

I am a hypnotherapist who as used this theory with his clients and with his personal relationship successfully. Input, questions, and discussions are welcome.

PC nonsense. Why then does modern society say to seek similarities?

I agree that opposites do attract; I do NOT agree with the broad statement that opposite personalities are the key to a healthy relationship. People often find opposite personalities attractive because he/she sees in that other person personality traits that they wish they had - they wish they could be more expressive or outgoing or more caring and sensitive, etc. But very often, the traits that initially attract them become the basis of strain and contention in a relationship. A homebody type may at first enjoy that extrovert who shows them how to "let loose" and have a good time but the homebody person isn't going to be happy in the long run if that extrovert is constantly partying. And I think that the commonalities have to be more than a favorite sports team or hobby. What two people need to have in common are basic values - ethics, similar beliefs as to what love and commitment mean, etc. - so that there's mutual respect and love despite differences in their outward personalities.

I've never been a fan of 2 individuals having a majority of their activities the same,
    but they have to like the other persons personality.

I would rather have the other only have 1 or 2 similar hobbies that i have,
    so we can explore the various opportunities together, of something that is
    new to us, as i like adventuring into the unknown, if i end up enjoying it in the end.

yes, opposites do attract and then you can share what you love to do with the other and have a better discussion on topics when you don't always have the same opinions.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake