+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a reason why psychiatry/psychology are not evil?

lalalita Guest
    You're the one who thinks psychology has something to do with religion...I'd say you should "get with it".

No, I know the agenda of the professions.

If you wish to prove me wrong, then do so. Lol, don't be so thick-headed and think otherwise....

I take it you must have experience in mental health treatment, otherwise you wouldn't give a shit what some random person online says for himself. Put up or shut up, dopey-arse mental retard lol...

lalalita Guest
    I work in the field. I asked you in my other response what exactly would you like for me to explain?

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    I work in the field. I asked you in my other response what exactly would you like for me to explain?
    ha lol.. If anything, I'm not interested in your opinion, since your "field" is corrupted. You probably are too, hence why you perhaps entered the profession... lol...

You "responded" to my question, yet you cited no evidence to refute my point. And you believe that you understand how the human mind works lol...

lalalita Guest
    This is now the third time I'm asking you, what point am I supposed to be refuting?

lol.. I don't care again.

If my points are so "wrong", then can somebody cite why they are? I thought this was a discussion forum lol.

lalalita Guest
    ...um.

I'm trying to...

Give me something to work with here.

lalalita Guest
    "Mental illness doesn't exist"

Well, for starters, the chemical makeup up of the brain of an individual suffering from certain mental ailments is significantly different from someone who is not.

"Mental illness" is a broad, broad, term to use. I'm not sure what types of things you're referring to.

"Mental illness doesn't exist"

Well, for starters, the chemical makeup up of the brain of an individual suffering from certain mental ailments is significantly different from someone who is not.
    The beliefs of psychiatrists assert that.
    "Mental illness" is a broad, broad, term to use. I'm not sure what types of things you're referring to.
    lol.. Isn't that PC apologetics?

Look, people in the "field" don't care lol... they merely pick and choose whom to label with illness and who not to. There is no science involved. It's just an arbitrary means to pathologise things that don't meet "their" morals/values. Your ilk produces studies such as this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbvgqISJcnU lol.. I like big boobs, so this means that I detest women lol..

As someone who can speak from experience with a grandmother who has bipolar disorder and a childhood friend I grew up with who has schizophrenia, I can tell you now that mental illness does exist and without psychiatrists/psychologists both of those people I love would be dead.

I looked after my grandmother for a week when her daughter (my aunt) was dying and believe me she was scarily mentally unstable. At her very worst. There were times when I was afraid to be alone with her

You have no idea what you are talking about nami and you are starting to get on my wick.

Perhaps years ago, psychology was cruel. In many places they used patients as guinea pigs for new treatments and many were dangerous to there emotional/mental/physical well being. Psychology has also been used for evil in the army etc I will not dispute that but it has been used for more good than bad over all.
    Last edited by michelle23; 27-07-13 at 05:57 PM.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namismybabe View Post
    The beliefs of psychiatrists assert that.

lol.. Isn't that PC apologetics?

Look, people in the "field" don't care lol... they merely pick and choose whom to label with illness and who not to. There is no science involved. It's just an arbitrary means to pathologise things that don't meet "their" morals/values. Your ilk produces studies such as this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbvgqISJcnU lol.. I like big boobs, so this means that I detest women lol..
    Actually, there is physical evidence. Such as CT scans of the brain and testable levels of chemicals.

Also, unless committed, seeking psychiatric help is completely voluntary. No one is forcing anyone to see therapists. If you walk into any run of the mill therapists office and tell them you prefer woman with large breasts, they're not going to hold you down and administer medication because you're now deemed as a threat to society. A lot of doctors do studies because the subject matter is interesting, not to change anything.

You sound like one of those people who stand on street corners and shout about the evils of the world. Educate yourself before forming such opinions. You can't judge what you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    As someone who can speak from experience with a grandmother who has bipolar disorder and a childhood friend I grew up with who has schizophrenia, I can tell you now that mental illness does exist and without psychiatrists/psychologists both of those people I love would be dead.

I looked after my grandmother for a week when her daughter (my aunt) was dying and believe me she was scarily mentally unstable. At her very worst. There were times when I was afraid to be alone with her

You have no idea what you are talking about nami and you are starting to get on my wick.

Perhaps years ago, psychology was cruel. In many places they used patients as guinea pigs for new treatments and many were dangerous to there emotional/mental/physical well being. Psychology has also been used for evil in the army etc I will not dispute that but it has been used for more good than bad over all.
    lol.. like I give a shit about your family. Mental illness is a crock and a fallacy. And if I get on your "wick" what the hell are you going to do about it? lol..

Actually, there is physical evidence. Such as CT scans of the brain and testable levels of chemicals.

Also, unless committed, seeking psychiatric help is completely voluntary. No one is forcing anyone to see therapists. If you walk into any run of the mill therapists office and tell them you prefer woman with large breasts, they're not going to hold you down and administer medication because you're now deemed as a threat to society. A lot of doctors do studies because the subject matter is interesting, not to change anything.

You sound like one of those people who stand on street corners and shout about the evils of the world. Educate yourself before forming such opinions. You can't judge what you don't understand.
    I'm simply saying the profession and you and all who practice it are evil ****s, who seek to control society and punish people.

Who decides who is a "threat to society"? Murderers and rapists are, but they're not mentally ill per se, are they? lol.. **** you are your evil "science". lol..

...um.

I'm trying to...

Give me something to work with here.
    I've already given you something. What, are you demented, can't you read?

I'm saying that psychology and psychiatry are false sciences, designed out of malevolent bases. You can deny it all you want, but it's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    And? Should I give a shit?

And? Who the **** are you, and why should I care what you think or will do? Don't get so offended/sensitive from others' opinions.
    It still IS cruel lol... If you wish to condone it, so be it. that perhaps makes YOU and lalalalittta bitch or whatever she calls herself that too. It's about time that psychiatry and psychology were outlawed globally.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast