+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a reason why psychiatry/psychology are not evil?

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    They're very helpful. I recently started having anxiety attacks during bad weather, like during tornado season, and I've gotten a lot of help. There's definitely a need for psychiatrists and psychologists. It's not made up.
    And? I don't give a SHIT if you were in distress. Perhaps you deserved it, who knows?

I'm simply saying that psychology/psychiatry are bullshit.

lalalita Guest
    I have yet to see you state any facts. As your post more, you continue to become more disjointed.

Your way of trying to "argue" a point makes no sense.

Also, I'm not a scientist. LOL. It's not a science.

Please use Google before typing.

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namismybabe View Post
    I'm simply saying the profession and you and all who practice it are evil ****s, who seek to control society and punish people.

Who decides who is a "threat to society"? Murderers and rapists are, but they're not mentally ill per se, are they? lol.. **** you are your evil "science". lol..
    There are laws that determine what is deemed a threat.

Murderers and rapists usually have underlying psychological issues.

These "evil sciences" save people's lives every day. If someone is feeling suicidal due to a severe depression, and they seek help, they quite literally can be saved. Also, Psychology does not involve medicine. All it is talking, asking the right questions so the patient can come to their own conclusions without being prompted.

lalalita Guest
    Not to mention, by being a poster on this forum, you're delving into the human psyche and trying to dissect it.

Welcome to the dark side.

lol.. like I give a shit about your family. Mental illness is a crock and a fallacy. And if I get on your "wick" what the hell are you going to do about it? lol..
    You need to grow up little boy. I wasnt expecting you to give a shit-just giving you the facts
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

This dude's either a major troll, or he's actually as dumb and close minded as he's coming off as. Either way ladies, don't waste your time on his nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    You need to grow up little boy. I wasnt expecting you to give a shit-just giving you the facts
    Look, little girl, mental illness doesn't exist. get with it.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    This dude's either a major troll, or he's actually as dumb and close minded as he's coming off as. Either way ladies, don't waste your time on his nonsense.
    Psychiatry/psychology are nonsense. If you can prove otherwise, cite as such, idiot. lol..

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    I have yet to see you state any facts. As your post more, you continue to become more disjointed.

Psychology is not a science? lol... you ****ing fool lol...

Not to mention, by being a poster on this forum, you're delving into the human psyche and trying to dissect it.

Welcome to the dark side.
    I don't care. I only come here for the sake of it.

Besides, I think you have a mental disorder lol.. and does that Irish woman Michelle.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I do believe mental illness exists, however I agree with the original poster that the term is vastly overused. If you don't agree, consider the labels ADHD and bipolar disorder, trendy diagnoses that include medication for people who largely fit within the normal range. (Little boys want to run off excess energy, and their teachers can't handle it? Give them drugs!) Jeez, teenagers get prescriptions for antidepressants when they break up with their boyfriends. It's ridiculous.

I only consider the extremes to be true mental illness... a bipolar patient I had walked around with clown makeup and pants on their head, unable to sleep for days at a time... a schizophrenic patient trying to crucify themselves in the back yard.... And yes, they ARE put into facilities and medicated against their wishes.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

There are laws that determine what is deemed a threat.

Murderers and rapists usually have underlying psychological issues.

These "evil sciences" save people's lives every day. If someone is feeling suicidal due to a severe depression, and they seek help, they quite literally can be saved. Also, Psychology does not involve medicine. All it is talking, asking the right questions so the patient can come to their own conclusions without being prompted.
    Lulz.. get with society:

- Hmm.. so people who kill rival lovers in crimes of passion are mentally ill? Are terrorists? Do you even know the definition of murder in your jurisdiction? To suggest that a murderer or a rapist per se are ill is silly. Look up per se in the dictionary and get back to me. lol.. uneducated dolt...

- Psychology is evil since it preaches meditation and turning society into Tibet. It preaches that those who are not religious are bad. It preaches that those who like big boobs are "evil and sexist". this is what is being insinuated by that study. It's clear that your ilk seeks to rule the world and dictate what is what. lol.. I know plenty of paleoanthropologists, and yeah, by unearthing homo erectus fossils, it's a plan for GLOBAL DOMINATION lol.. It's not about citing how our distant ancestors lived, but a plot to make everybody forego modern technology and use handaxes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I do believe mental illness exists, however I agree with the original poster that the term is vastly overused. If you don't agree, consider the labels ADHD and bipolar disorder, trendy diagnoses that include medication for people who largely fit within the normal range. (Little boys want to run off excess energy, and their teachers can't handle it? Give them drugs!) Jeez, teenagers get prescriptions for antidepressants when they break up with their boyfriends. It's ridiculous.
    Mental illness DOES NOT exist. Prove it does.

The definitions of mental illness don't stand up:

- Social norms. Eh? So persons who have different colour hair, or different political/religious beliefs are ill? Humans are complex, ****tard....

- "mental distress". Hmmmm. everybody gets sad. and? Is the human condition evil now?

- "non-adjustability". Adjustable in what sense? Yeah, somebody in a high-end restaurant who uses the soup spoon to eat his or her dessert is ill?

Mental illness is a plot to punish and deny people rights.
    I only consider the extremes to be true mental illness... a bipolar patient I had walked around with clown makeup and pants on their head, unable to sleep for days at a time... a schizophrenic patient trying to crucify themselves in the back yard.... And yes, they ARE put into facilities and medicated against their wishes.

Ha! And you condone and sanction this?

This is why psychiatry and psychology are evil. The "practitioners" live in some social bubble, and don't seem to comprehend how people interact in common society. It's considered immoral (if you didn't know, and are too retarded to comprehend how things are) to arbitrarily deny others freedom. So why don't psychologists/psychiatrists understand this? Don't they live/function in common society? Somebody will say "they're only human". What? Look, if one is mentally competent, one is EXPECTED to understand how to get on. Don't make licence for mental retardation. lol...

I think you personally are mentally retarded, since you have actually condoned sectioning people arbitrarily lol.. So you presume you have rights over others?

Your DSM 5 is full of made up conditions.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I think you personally are mentally retarded, since you have actually condoned sectioning people arbitrarily lol.. So you presume you have rights over others?
    And I think YOU are retarded, or at least illiterate, because no where did I say I condone it; I just stated the fact that they ARE institutionalized and medicated against their wishes. I only condone it if they are dangerous to others, and perhaps if they are dangerous to themselves.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast