+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is calling a person CUTE a bad thing?

Why is calling a person CUTE a bad thing?

I mentioned this issue in another thread on here, why is that an insult to a girl? I am talking off someone showing you a picture of themselves or asking you how they look in person.
    Opinions off the ladies.

Found these to illustrate it isn't a negative, lmao.

Definition of cute is:

Cute: She has a healthy glow, apple cheeks, doe eyes, and an addicting smile. She seems chipper and energetic. She’s clean and usually fit. Maybe she doesn’t stand out in terms of exotic looks or whatnot but her personality is what always immediately shines through. She’s a golden girl with a golden heart. She’s funny, silly, and adorable. She’s not annoyingly ignorant nor does she rapidly issue out rejections. She’s down-to-earth and has a contagious laugh. She’s the girl who stumbles and cracks up instead of running for cover. She gets her groove on like no one’s watching. She’s the girl-next-door type, the Mary Jane to Peter Parker’s definition of an ideal lady.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Lol where the hell did you get that definition?

I don't think cute is a bad thing. If I had to guess I'd say the reasoning behind not liking it is that to some girls 'cute' is what you'd call a puppy, and they want to be beautiful.
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.” ― Mark Twain

Googled stuff on cute and scrolled through links and saw that and found it very detailed, lmao. And also illustrates how that word isn't meant to slam or hurt anyones feelers.

I got a reaction once like I called her hideous and I was the meanest person in the world all because I used the world cute -- like it shattered her perfect world. Not even joking.

If someone looks hot, or sexy, or beautiful in a picture they show or how they present themselves in person then they will be told that but this person looked ' cute' in her pic -- it was very 'adorable looking'.

Makes us guys not want to comment again when a word like cute gets such a vile reaction, lmao.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Sounds like she was just mad that you didn't think her beauty was Gods gift to the world lol.

I get what you mean about being adorable and cute and stuff. I don't see the big deal. At least she's getting a compliment.
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.” ― Mark Twain

Exactly -- was still nice comments said about her, she obviously had a word she wanted to hear and because she never heard it felt disappointed. Thought honesty was important too. I bet she asked several guys after until she got the reply she wanted, hahaha.

Maybe because cute is such a mild word. Its nice but nice is bland forgetable and replacable. Girls like more brave compliments too. Like - stunning, beautiful, amazing, gorgeos. These words you cant misanderstood. Wether saying something mild like cute can leave impresion that you not secure enought about her looks to say something more colorful.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

^ true as well. But honesty should count for something, it is same as a girl showing you a pic in a cat onesie, lmao would she expect ' you look sexy' or realistic know it is a cute pic only?

I don't like to play into the fishing for compliments game and man does that make some sore, even when you are still saying something nice about them.

Thing is, cute has so many applications. A kitten can be cute. So can a child. A pair of shoes can be cute, as can the 'girl next door'. And yes, some people use the word cute to describe someone who they desire. To be honest though, if someone called me 'cute', I'd be thinking FRIEND ZONE. Unless I was wearing a onesie

It could be worse though. I got called a Young Lady by a man who was interested in me when I was in my 20's. UUrgh.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

girls would rather be called beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Thing is, cute has so many applications. A kitten can be cute. So can a child. A pair of shoes can be cute, as can the 'girl next door'. And yes, some people use the word cute to describe someone who they desire. To be honest though, if someone called me 'cute', I'd be thinking FRIEND ZONE. Unless I was wearing a onesie

It could be worse though. I got called a Young Lady by a man who was interested in me when I was in my 20's. UUrgh.
    I think at the time she included kittens and babies too, lmao. A onesie or animal hat or some fairytale princess costume.
    Lmao on ' young lady ' was he trying to daddy you?

I got to point I dread women I known showing me photos and asking what I think. It never is the right answer.