+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lack of Marriage Proposal after 9 years together...feeling resentment/anger. Help.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    She has tried. 9 years of trying.
    He knows she wants to get married and he doesnt care so its better to find someone who is on the same page who wants the same things

if you think any woman would stay with a guy who has no motivation to plan for the future than your deuded. If im not married by the time im 30 then i will be leaving him. Simple as
    bla bla princess much ? just be happy with what you got eh ?

My attendance is still expected at the wedding even though I did not RSVP. Why is it mandatory that I go? If I go, should I bring a wedding gift?

Something that I’m confused about is the fact that he has mentioned to me several times throughout our relationship that having a threesome is one of his fantasies. I don’t understand nor do I feel comfortable fulfilling this kind of fantasy for him. I have thought about this a million times…if he actually loved me…why would he want to do this with someone while I’m there? Is it normal for guys to want this?

That would be a deal breaker for me. Many guys dont want a threesome. My bf would never agree to share me with any man or woman. If its not something you ever want to do then walk away now as you and he are not compatabile sexually.

If he keeps mentioning it-then its not just a fanyasy-its something he will always want. Are you sure you can trust this guy? Alarm bells are ringing for me
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy415 View Post
    My attendance is still expected at the wedding even though I did not RSVP. Why is it mandatory that I go? If I go, should I bring a wedding gift?
    It is not mandatory that you attend a wedding. However, it would be appalling manners to not attend unless you are a) too far away or b) have another extremely important event which you cannot get out of or c) you break up with your boyfriend first and call the bride/groom to explain. It's important to remember that you have been chosen by the couple as a person they want to spend their day with.

If you are so angry at your boyfriend that you can't share the joy in someone else's wedding, then you need to end things with him.

It is also etiquette to RSVP on time - and if you cannot attend, you must send your regrets by the due date.

Yes, you are expected to bring a gift if you attend. It is acceptable to combine your money with other attendees and buy a joint gift.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Dont be bitter and twisted. Its not this couples fault your bf wont marry you so dont take it out on them. Just break up with him. This is ridiculous. Your so angry at him that your considering not giving his little brother a wedding gift? If you stay and fight with him, angry all the time and trying to hurt people-you are being adoormat. Whats the point wasting another year fighting with this man? You think being a bitch is gona make him want you? It wont

grow a backbone, be assertive and pack your stuff and leave. You wana get married so go find someone who wants to marry you and stop wallowing in your own self pity and misery

your in charge of your life. Go after what you want and stop settling for second best
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Maybe I'm going out on a limb here but if you HAVE to get married and your bf doesn't want to, trying to force the issue for 9 years and throwing a fit when it doesn't go your way doesn't sound like a very good idea. In fact, it's literally about the dumbest way you can possibly handle the situation.

On top of that you act like you're entitled to his proposal that he (presumably) never agreed to give, and act like he owes you a marriage that he (presumably) never agreed to. In other words you're just making up this HUGE obligation and holding him to it when he never actually agreed to the obligation.

And yet you seem to believe it's all HIS fault that you're not getting your way...

I could write a book on how ****ed up that is but if you actually read all this and put it in perspective it speaks for itself so hopefully I don't have to.

Bottom line: You dun goof'd.

End it and start fresh, try to find someone who will marry you but for God's sake, grow up first. You've got some soul searching and finding yourself to do before you make such a leap as getting married, it takes a level of maturity that you simply do not seem to possess at this point in your life to make it work out.

If you're leaving out a lot of details and can demonstrate that your bf actually did something wrong then I might change my tone but until then I stand by everything I've said up until now.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 31-07-13 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    Don't get your point in trying so hard to prove your point, which you failed at, BTW.

This bride already had planned her wedding, if you paid attention to the ending. He just surprised her early with the wedding she already planned, and included all the details she picked out, including her dress.

NO bride wants a surprise wedding. Stupid as shit, Smackie.
    I wasn't serious you f uckin fools. You guys fall for it so easily like a bunch of excited hens stuck in a coop lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123