+ Follow This Topic

Thread: talking about the future

talking about the future

Hi all. I'm hoping you can help me here. Today my girlfriend and I had a nice talk. We have been dating for 7 months, and we are very serious. We talked about becoming engaged, married and a bunch of other things. I also talked about how happy I was with her and how she has really brightened my life. Though I do feel those way I sort of worry I came on to strong. Maybe a little needy? I can't help with my feelings, I believe Karen is the one for me.

What are some good ways to calm down myself on the talking about the future? I wanna go with the flow but I just can't help it

If she feels the same then it is fine to talk about the future. Me and my bf have had these talks since we were together like 3 months. We are still planning our future 5 years later
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

People talk about these things, maybe even more so early on when you're falling all over each other in a honeymoon period.

I've been going out with a girl a week and she already wants me to move in with her!!

Until it happens it's just words and if you both feel right and comfortable talking or planning it then there's no harm in it I think.

There is nothing wrong with having a discussion. Sounds like it was a pretty mutual conversation. Sleep on it now and see where it goes.

Talking about it is fine.. Definetly not everyday though lol.. Just enjoy the relationship. Don't put so much pressure on it. You are in the "honeymoon" stage and full of awesome intense emotions. Just enjoy her and everything will fall into place