+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When a guy says you can do better, does it mean he's interested?

Mae is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

When a guy says you can do better, does it mean he's interested?

I ask this question because I've heard it before and it seems to hold true at least part of the time. I know it's not fair to generalize, but I'd like to know your honest opinions. When a guy tells a girl that she can do better, does it mean that he is interested in her?

What do you mean "do better"? Be more specific. Do you mean that the boyfriend is telling the girlfriend that she can do better because if that's the case, that's a nice way of him trying to break up with her. Do you mean that another guy is telling a chic with a boyfriend, that she can do better (meaning by being with him instead of the boyfriend, in other words by throwing salt in the game). That's pretty much what that means.

When a guy tells a girl that she can do better, it can mean one of two things: 1. It could mean that the guy who is telling the girl she can do better thinks her current boyfriend isn't worthy of her. 2. It can also mean that the guy thinks the girl could do better in her life.
    But you are asking this question out of context. It is difficult to determine what you mean. Ann
    Ann

It doesn't necessarily mean he likes her. It could just mean her bf is a douche.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Typically, if a guy says that to a girl he is not yet involved with, I would say it means the guy saying it is interested. A guy friend said this to me a few weeks ago. I've had a hard time getting over an ex. My guy friend was with me and we ran into the ex...who acted all weird when he saw me with another dude...anyway, my guy friend said "He's not good enough for you, you only deserve top quality". In so many words he was telling that I could do better. My guy friend later told me he loved me :/.
    Last edited by Maple1714; 31-07-13 at 04:20 AM.