+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would like honest advice from guys

Would like honest advice from guys

My b/f went on holiday.. i trusted him completely. Anyway, cutting a long story short, I found out he was overheard saying he would willingly cheat on me if a girl came along who he was to get along with. Therefore I have decided to end things, although he was drunk at the time and has tried to convince me he would never do it, I just cant get past the fact he said it. The trust has gone now and I dont want to live wondering if/when he might cheat. The way I look at it... If i was asked if i would cheat on him the answer would have been no. So why say yes if he supposedly didnt mean it. Do you think I have done the correct thing?

Im not a guy but yes i would have ended it too. He basically said if given the opportunity, he will cheat. Most people would be ashamed to even say that out loud even if they were thinking it. Most cheats are sneaky and try to hide it from everybody. The fact your guy has no problem saying shit like that doesnt just mean he is a cheat. It also means he takes pride in it. Hes a douche and hid friends prob are too seen as he had no problem saying that to them

its v disrespectful to you and hurtful. Cheating is bad enough but cheating and everyone else knows before you do is just plain evil
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I think context would be very important. He could well have been joking when he said it - or he could have been very serious. I think you need to ask your informant how serious he was.

That being said, if he was joking - it wasn't funny. Would leave an icky feeling with me regardless.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

meh, people cheat. such is life.