+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Dad "Isn't the Biggest Fan" of my Boyfriend

Okay, I can see where your Dad is coming from...He just didn't seem to handle it in the best way. My brother is settling for the first girl he's been sexual with. As a result, he's now just dropped 8 grand on an engagement ring while she walks all over him and treats him like crap, along with treating the rest of his family the same. I think he feels like you haven't really gotten out and met a lot of people- that your explorations were limited- that one day, you will have experienced the world more to have a different view. Now, I'm not saying that he's right by any means. He could be completely wrong, and this could be the best man ever for you. However, he could be right, as well. But what I think is best is if you sit him down and have an honest heart to heart where you both talk about how you feel about this situation with the understanding that there will be no hurt feelings and that neither one of you will storm out. Don't let it become an argument. Just talk to one another...because, like it or not, he's always going to be your father. And you're always going to be his daughter. And if your boyfriend is going to stick around, this whole situation is going to have to be live-able.

Good luck.

Something to remember:

Your dad will NEVER like the guy that's ****ing his little girl... at least not until you're married, and maybe not even then.

I'm having trouble understanding what was wrong with smoking his pipe if they were smoking cigarettes. How is that disrespectful?

No one can predict the future, and nor can you or your father. You have been dating for only a short time anyways so things could be totally different in a years time, especially when you both start college. Only time will tell which direction you will go because nothing is written in stone. Your father has said his peace on the matter, so I suggest you just let your dad know that you understand where he is coming from, and will take his advice seriously, but for now you are happy with the way things are and just going to enjoy the experience while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Something to remember:

Your dad will NEVER like the guy that's ****ing his little girl... at least not until you're married, and maybe not even then.
    This isn't true for every dad. Especially not for dads who are able to see sex as it is (a consensual act of reciprocal pleasure), and not as the guy ****ing the girl.
    Last edited by searock; 01-08-13 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    My dad loves my bf lol. Hes very pleased with my taste in men
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

you guys derail too many threads with your needless arguments....

I must say that the relationship you have with your boyfriend is one of the best I read of. If you keep such a relationship, in your later years, when you look back at these times you have shared with him, they will all be beautiful memories.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12