+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriends moving away from ohio to oklahoma..

Have you not confronted her on this? not the why are you doing this, but seriously asking her if she wants out of this relationship because she knows this can't work with you. Just grow a set and get to the bottom of this. If she still talks in circles about it, then break up with her. If she is still serious about your relationship she won't go.

Yes ive confronted her on it but she wants to keep the relationship going. But confront her about the relationship on a more searious scale other than what do you wanna do stay together or break up i think i need to do that with a little more in depth questioning cause obviously if she even likes me shes gonna wanna stay but what questions do u think i should ask her cause i got a few but maybe all of you could think of some great ones

How about putting a reality check on her like how are you two to keep the physical part of the relationship going...you have needs. Also you both can't afford to visit each other on weekends so how are you going to see each other? You don't plan on moving there, you have other plans so how is this really going to work for the future? Slam her with things like that....this is the reality she can't avoid.

Right smack, need to hit her hard with that cause with skype its nothing, but if you up and leave everyone with 1 1/2 weeks of finding out chances are shes a crappy person and i shouldent have myself around someone whos going to up and leave liek that cause her nephew's doing really bad now hes i think 9? ya made him cry for hours and it made her feel like crap but shes still goin. now me and my dad were talking about it and there has to be a bigger picture here, your moving away from your boyfriend, family, her sister just had a baby, now her nephew they were inceperable and all this for 100 bucks a week plus a part time job. so 100 bucks a week is going to justify leaving everyone and ur life here just to live with family you dont know? i dont understand that crazy thinking and about her college thing we have some of the best colleges here if she wanted to go, its dirt cheap by todays standards, u could live at home and go like me and pull out a loan or two. THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING. Either a guy or something it smells ratty and fishy. gonna talk to her mom about it while shes at work and find out why theres no reason to given this opportunity here. so, my parents would never leave each other when they were our age and if shes gonn abut out of here like that then well guess i know now how she feels about me. Whatcha guys think, i appreciate all the help and im really suprised people are still following this you guys are helping me a lot seriously

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Im 44 so I guess its easy for me to say, but at this point in your life but you need to look at your priorities. Right now education is your number one. Obviously you think so too or youd be moving to Oklahoma. Doesnt sound like her prospect are that great there too ( Oklahoma has to be the worst place on the planet) but she obviously thinks her life would be better there....without you. Im sorry....this all sucks but you need to look at it that way.

I think shes made the decision for both of you in this situation.....shes the one breaking up with you.

There's hope though....once you find another girl you wont care. Always keep that in the back of your mind.
    This is true. I really wanted to add also, who the hell willingly chooses to live in Oklahoma? Seems so unappealing and lame. Ugh. I know it's beside the point but Ohio is cool. Oklahoma? I don't even like the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    This is true. I really wanted to add also, who the hell willingly chooses to live in Oklahoma? Seems so unappealing and lame. Ugh. I know it's beside the point but Ohio is cool. Oklahoma? I don't even like the name.
    Exactly, its a dust bowl. Ohio sucks but not as bad as that place im guessing..

Her story sounds sketchy. Nobody sane moves across that country like that for the opportunity to work fast food and babysit, especially on short notice. But here's the important part of the story: she considers this move more important than your relationship with her. Despite her wanting to maintain the relationship, she is waving big red warning flags and you should get ready to move on. Make your own plans for the future (that don't include chasing after her to Oklahoma) and get started on those plans.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I agree with rpm that there is probably a dude in Oklahoma that she met online, and that's the real reason she is moving there. You're likely just the backup plan.

Just threw the dude thing in there as a joke but she wouldent cheat thats not her. but hey we all say that right? lol

Why do people hate Oklahoma so much? I seriously don't get it. Have any of you actually been here?

It does sound like there's something she's not telling you. I would move on, but if she decided to move this fast, then I wouldn't be surprised if she changes her mind last minute.
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.” ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    Why do people hate Oklahoma so much? I seriously don't get it. Have any of you actually been here?

It does sound like there's something she's not telling you. I would move on, but if she decided to move this fast, then I wouldn't be surprised if she changes her mind last minute.
    Well C'mon.....its not exactly the kind of place a young girl in the prime of life just says... " Yeah! Oklahoma is the place to be "

^^ exactly, either she doesnt want to be here anymore (thats fine) and wants to gamble her chances on something new thats cool just dont expect me to be there if your leaving everything behind.

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    I don't hate Oklahoma, but it's low on my list of places to visit some day. When I think of Oklahoma, I think of that corny old musical. I think of the Dust Bowl and all the "okies" that fled it. I think of all the native americans that were forced to move there and live on reservations, which tend to be located on the worst land available. I think of rednecks clutching bibles and guns. I think of tornadoes. A liberal friend lived in Tulsa for a couple of years and hated it. My conservative dad lived there for six months while working at a county hospital there, and he hated it, too. Hated the job and hated the town. Oklahoma is probably not actually a terrible place, given that a bunch of people actually live there, but it seems to lack many things that make life more enjoyable in other places.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    I don't hate Oklahoma, but it's low on my list of places to visit some day. When I think of Oklahoma, I think of that corny old musical. I think of the Dust Bowl and all the "okies" that fled it. I think of all the native americans that were forced to move there and live on reservations, which tend to be located on the worst land available. I think of rednecks clutching bibles and guns. I think of tornadoes. A liberal friend lived in Tulsa for a couple of years and hated it. My conservative dad lived there for six months while working at a county hospital there, and he hated it, too. Hated the job and hated the town. Oklahoma is probably not actually a terrible place, given that a bunch of people actually live there, but it seems to lack many things that make life more enjoyable in other places.
    The weather is pretty crappy, I'll give you that one, but it's not like we're living in covered wagons. We have one of the best economies in the country, housing is cheap, and the unemployment rate is low. I'm not sure what you think we're missing that makes life more enjoyable. We have the same things you do. It's not like you magically go back in time 100 years when you step into Oklahoma.
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.” ― Mark Twain

Maybe not technologically, but you pretty much go back 100 years in mindset. Hicks clutching bibles and guns comes to mind. I've only been once, and the people were very nice for the most part, but that's about where the fun ended. What is there to do besides an Thunder or Sooners game? Normal redneck shit like 4 wheeling would be boring because the whole place is flat. Fishing is fun, but gets old. Thanks for growing the country's food I guess.

Tell me what is there to do, because like Kansas and Nebraska, I wanted to ****ing shoot myself when I was in Oklahoma?
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 08-08-13 at 03:42 AM. Reason: punctuation

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast