+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Girlfriends moving away from ohio to oklahoma..

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    The weather is pretty crappy, I'll give you that one, but it's not like we're living in covered wagons. We have one of the best economies in the country, housing is cheap, and the unemployment rate is low. I'm not sure what you think we're missing that makes life more enjoyable. We have the same things you do. It's not like you magically go back in time 100 years when you step into Oklahoma.
    Ill bet the surf sucks.

Couple days its make or break it time. Confronting her had other troubles too. Not looking good.

Hang in there and keep us posted....

been hard to talk to her In Person.. she's been busy.
    friends and stuff I guess... so hasn't had time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rpm49 View Post
    been hard to talk to her In Person.. she's been busy.
    friends and stuff I guess... so hasn't had time for me.
    Seems like you are low on her list of priorities. Think about that.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

There aren't mountains or ocean in Oklahoma...and the weather sucks. So, really it's like living in a big field with modern conveniences and technology. That would suck. Is that what people measure quality of life on nowadays?

OP - Your girlfriend wants a change. It might stick and it might not. You aren't going to ever see her after she moves...maybe once a year? If she goes to school down there she will probably meet someone else. She sounds like she is ready to make some moves and change her surroundings. She def. wont like living with small children and babysitting them I bet...but she just has the desire to move away from home and you are unfortunately a part of what she wants to leave. I know it's hard not to, but try and not take it personally. The need/desire for change in ones life is never about anyone else but themselves. She just feels it and needs to do it...you are both so young. Maybe she will come back in a couple of years or maybe you'll meet someone even better? Just try and let her go and def. don't try and do the long distance relationship thing. You are too young and too far away. Plane tickets and gas are expensive. You both will need physical contact and sex....the distance will drive you crazy.

Dont do long distance OP. Its not worth it. You cant maintain a relationship.

1. You will be seriously sexually frustrated
    2. Because of 1, other eomen will become more appealing
    3. Either of you could have an emotional affair (new best friend, feelings, confusion)
    4. You will grow apart
    5. You wkll run out of things to talk about
    6. The emotional connection will fade
    7. One or both of you will likely cheat
    8. You wont even no each other anymore in 6months time

its not worth it. I would never do it

Your not a priority. Just break up with her now and save yourself a lot of pain
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You break up with her and it'll be easier to get over her, if she does it, then you'll probably want her back.
    Just learn from this experience and move on.
    You could find a good local girl in a few months time, and this will just be a memories.
    Feelings fade, but your life keeps going.
    Think about, if it's worth it, if your a quality person, you'll easily make someone else happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    There aren't mountains or ocean in Oklahoma...and the weather sucks. So, really it's like living in a big field with modern conveniences and technology. That would suck. Is that what people measure quality of life on nowadays?
    The weather and the ocean are the only things you got right in that statement. Maybe you should go take geography again. Oklahoma is one of the most geographically diverse states in the country. We have terrain and ecosystems ranging from arid plains to subtropical forests and yes, mountains. There are cities here (shocking, I know) and small towns just like everywhere else. I understand that most people don't think much of Oklahoma or the people that live here, but maybe try getting off that high horse and do some research before talking about things you don't know about.
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.” ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    The weather and the ocean are the only things you got right in that statement. Maybe you should go take geography again. Oklahoma is one of the most geographically diverse states in the country. We have terrain and ecosystems ranging from arid plains to subtropical forests and yes, mountains. There are cities here (shocking, I know) and small towns just like everywhere else. I understand that most people don't think much of Oklahoma or the people that live here, but maybe try getting off that high horse and do some research before talking about things you don't know about.
    I know there are 2 main mountain ranges in OK. I just consider them more of foothills is all. I've driven across the state a few times...it does have a diverse landscape. I have a lot of family from OK. In fact, the first Super Walt-Mart was built on my great great grandparents old apple orchard/farm. The old house is now a museum and its haunted!

I was just feeding off of what you said in a previous post....

"We have one of the best economies in the country, housing is cheap, and the unemployment rate is low. I'm not sure what you think we're missing that makes life more enjoyable. We have the same things you do. It's not like you magically go back in time 100 years when you step into Oklahoma".

Oklahoma seems creepy.

well, yup its over and done with. so. didn't go over well and she tried blaming sooo much stuff on me its ridiculous. so basically I said well if your leaving here and going then fine. we were supposed to build a life together if u wanna get out of this shitty town then just go

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123