+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So yeah... I need help

So yeah... I need help

Ok here it goes... Im 22 years old. I live in an apartment with my best friend. About 6 monthes his 18 year old sister moved in. We have been becoming pretty close lately and I have been developing a bit of a crush on her. At first I figured that due to the circumstances it would be best to just forget the whole thing, but then another good friend of mine started chasin after her. I asked him flat out if that's what he was doin and he assured me he wasnt.

Yesterday the whole thing hit the fan... I told her exactly how I feel and so did he (liar). She was real good about it and hasnt made things akward but I think she likes him more.

Last night we were watchin a movie and she wanted me to set beside her and she eventually fell asleep on my shoulder... I dont know what to do. I know that she has feelings for me but I know she has feelings for my friend too, maybe even stronger. She used to have a crush on him and I think that's why she's leanin towards him now... I need to do something. I know she hasnt made up her mind yet and I know that right now everything I do or say could be very crucial so ... any tips?

Ill probably be hangin out with her again tonight (hopefully alone) and Ive got to stop wasting time.

I personally don't advocate competition between friends over a girl (and I am female). I suggest you remove yourself from this game altogether. If she likes you both equally, then that means she could pretty much take or leave either of you, too. Wouldn't you rather have a girl that is crazy about you above all others?

Also, wouldn't things be awkward around the brother? And what if things don't work out between you two - she is still your roommate.

Not a good plan.
    Last edited by shh!; 11-07-05 at 04:15 AM.

Her brother would be okay with it, and as far as the friendship thing goes, he's not that good a friend and he went about this rather underhandedly so if he ends up with her Im going to be ****in miserable. I think she is going to go one way or the other. She told her friend she thought I was the better choice but she still has feelings for the other fella... I have been pondering this for a while and I wouldnt have said anything if I didnt think the relationship will work out. I think we would be perfect together and Id hate to miss out on such an oppertunity due to these circumstances.

If she likes both of you..it means she really doesnt love any ..just likes both.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Shh! said just about exactly what I would have said. To many issues here, forget about it.

Hi, TAVS - are ya new?

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Hi, TAVS - are ya new?
    Sure am.
    [url]http://www.loveforum.net/t8332-hey-yall.html[/url]

you're pretty pathetic if you are actually thinking about dating your best friend's sister. How would you like it if one of your mates was chasing after your little sister? There are plenty of other girls out there. Find someone else.