+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people get mad at posting pictures of your body on instagram?

Why do people get mad at posting pictures of your body on instagram?

You post one picture of your body and suddenly your the most hated guy in school by males.

they jealous

I guess it could depend on what type of picture it was, but they could have found it obnoxious.
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.” ― Mark Twain

Look, Idk about all of that but be careful about sending "certain" type of body shots. Sometimes, I block my face if I'm sending certain types of pics if I don't know the person that well. I know this chic that send a naked pic of herself in the shower to this guy and his GF went thru his phone and found out and she posted it all over facebook, twitter and instagram. It was a messy situation. Be careful. I know that wasn't the answer specific for your question but I still felt like sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    I guess it could depend on what type of picture it was, but they could have found it obnoxious.
    it was a shirtless pic......

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    Look, Idk about all of that but be careful about sending "certain" type of body shots. Sometimes, I block my face if I'm sending certain types of pics if I don't know the person that well. I know this chic that send a naked pic of herself in the shower to this guy and his GF went thru his phone and found out and she posted it all over facebook, twitter and instagram. It was a messy situation. Be careful. I know that wasn't the answer specific for your question but I still felt like sharing it.
    i know what you mean but i never sent this pic just uploaded it on instagram.

Maybe their jealous as academic said. Their not confident enough to post so they get mad at you because you are.
    Last edited by Starnique; 04-08-13 at 12:32 AM.

I think photos of you with friends are cool. But selfies (and especially lots of them) make you look really vain. I tend to block those on FB who post selfies
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by menace2soceity View Post
    You post one picture of your body and suddenly your the most hated guy in school by males.

School kids are cunts, what else is new?

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I think photos of you with friends are cool. But selfies (and especially lots of them) make you look really vain. I tend to block those on FB who post selfies
    I take selfies all the time, they're called progress pics and are encouraged by numerous physique/athletic coaches. Careful how much you throw the word "vain" around because it may or may not fit the situation, you may have misjudged your share of selfies with that outlook.
    Last edited by dickriculous; 03-08-13 at 09:19 PM.

It's one thing to take selfies, it's another to post them on the internet just to show off.

I still don't see how it warrants an attitude if I show my progress to people, especially since my social networks are filled with like minded people who appreciate the hard work and dedication that goes into doing what I do - the only people who scoff at that are people who have never experienced it and don't know the first thing about what goes into it.

In a bodybuilding context, or a losing-weight context or in general a "stay fit" context, posting a selfie is probably not seen as showing off (not necessarily at least). I don't think this is the case for the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    In a bodybuilding context, or a losing-weight context or in general a "stay fit" context, posting a selfie is probably not seen as showing off
    It is by people who look at a selfie and go "what a prick" in knee-jerk fashion, and there are PLENTY of these people out there.

The point is, I don't think the OP posted a selfie in one of those contexts.

Besides even if it's a vain thing is it really that big of a deal anyway? If someone is showing off and you're not impressed the biggest reaction it should get out of you if you're not some crazy extremist or jealous asshole is "well, that's kind of silly". In OP's own words he is "the most hated guy in school by males", what could possibly explain that? To actually be hated you should have to actually hurt someone or actually do something that affects other people in ANY shape or form.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast