+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you honestly think of ugly people?

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    who cares what other people think?
    Umm, it's important to care what others think. It's selfish NOT to. Besides that, one can't survive without considering what others think of them.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

And uhmmmm. You totally missed my point.

My point was that if you keep looking for validation about your looks then you will never be happy. People will always find a flaw on you. For the OP, a guy could compliment her and she wouldnt even be able to receive it because in her mind, she not even worthy of it. My point is, I get several compliments but they dont make or break me. I already know what it is with me so to be obsessed with what people think about you is ridiculous.

Let me ask you this; what's more annoying? A person who is ugly but assumes they're the hottest thing ever and acts like it? or someone who's unsure if they're attractive and needs validation? One is acting without any good reason and the other is asking for evidence.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Let me ask you this; what's more annoying? A person who is ugly but assumes they're the hottest thing ever and acts like it? or someone who's unsure if they're attractive and needs validation? One is acting without any good reason and the other is asking for evidence.
    You aren't forced to be either of those things. You can be confident without being cocky, arrogant or vain.

They're both annoying.

Insecurity asks for evidence then disbelieves the answer - as you know.

Insecurity. People that always play the victim. Its annoying for people to keep looking for validation. Telling a girl shes beautiful and she cant accept it because she cant be sure. Thats annoying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    You aren't forced to be either of those things. You can be confident without being cocky, arrogant or vain.
    That's extremely rare. That's like a Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne. Real life examples are scarce, evidently ( no pun intended)

They may be rare, but they exist. So why not strive to become one of them?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    They're both annoying.

Insecurity asks for evidence then disbelieves the answer - as you know.
    Naturally both are but the question is, which is more? And I think like a jury; I COULD accept evidence prima facie but it is better to explore the possibilities and see if the "evidence" holds water. Reminds me; I've got jury duty in 11 days! :O

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    They may be rare, but they exist. So why not strive to become one of them?
    Well, I'd strive to do that but the first requirement is to be attractive and I'm afraid I don't meet that prerequisite.

That's extremely rare. That's like a Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne. Real life examples are scarce, evidently ( no pun intended)
    Not really.

I can see how what I'm saying is hard for you to grip considering you had struggles similar to the OP's.

Well, I'd strive to do that but the first requirement is to be attractive and I'm afraid I don't meet that prerequisite.
    No. Being attractive is a consequence of being confident. There is no objective attractiveness.

That is such bullshit. The bad boys the girls like are all extremely insecure assholes. Otherwise, why would they be in gangs and/or have to perform stupid shit for approval like backyard wrestling and talking back to authority? Those guys are NO different than us unconfident guys. They're even MORE insecure. You don't see me joining a gang or fighting in bars for attention. And actually there is; have you ever heard of perfectly symmetrical faces? They're scientifically beautiful. It's a fact.

That is such bullshit. The bad boys the girls like are all extremely insecure assholes. Otherwise, why would they be in gangs and/or have to perform stupid shit for approval like backyard wrestling and talking back to authority? Those guys are NO different than us unconfident guys. They're even MORE insecure. You don't see me joining a gang or fighting in bars for attention. And actually there is; have you ever heard of perfectly symmetrical faces? They're scientifically beautiful. It's a fact.
    Beautiful =/= attractive.

And seriously, I don't know one single woman who would be attracted to a guy like you described. They are just insecure little kids.

Confidence has nothing to do with arrogance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast