+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Strong feelings for a barista

Strong feelings for a barista

I've known a barista for awhile, for a year or two. I've always found him attractive but just recently (about a month) my feelings have seemed to bloom into something more than a crush. I can't seem to get him off my mind. My appetite hasn't even been the same because of the butterflies I get when I think of him. Unfortunately, throughout all this time I've never really had a conversation with him. The place he works at is not like StarBucks, there is no lounge area. Even if there is the SLIGHTEST possibility of chatting with him I chicken out! I can act confident but my trembling hands give me away. My adrenaline goes through the roof when I know I'll be seeing him. I know very little about him. I have no idea if he is taken, single, straight, or gay. I've caused myself a great deal of stress not knowing these things. I remember my mom saying "He's looking at you." around the time when I first saw him. I have noticed him looking at me but that isn't much to go on. He's quite calm and reserved, or even shy: I don't know what he feels about me (if he feels anything at all). I ordered a drink with mystery flavors: I swear he made it as if he knows what I like!

I want to know if it's possible to become anything more than a customer. To simply befriend him would be amazing! I know the day will come when he won't work there anymore and my opportunity will be gone. Thank you so much for reading this long post, and I appreciate your advice.

If you are that shy write him a little note with your number in it and name. Write something like ''call/tex me sometime'' works for me. Specially with cashiers.