+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did he choose HER over ME?

Why did he choose HER over ME?

So, I've had a crush on this really cute 16 year old boy all summer. I thought he was so cute and nice. There is this girl that he really likes and is now taken by. But, I don't understand why. I actually make an effort to look cute and I do my hair and I wear trendy clothes. I'm 13 and that may be the reason but I look older though. People tell me I look like im 16.

So, the girl that he likes is just not even a little bit pretty. She never does anything with her hair. All she does is puts it in a ponytail and doesn't even style it. She is really pale and has acne and never does anything to cover it up. She has really small brown eyes. There is also nothing girly about her. She plays soccer and baseball (not softball, actual baseball.) She doesn't even wear nice clothes. All she wears is athletic shorts (soccer shorts) and boys t-shirts that are two sizes too big and sneakers. She is really nice though, but she is way too nice. What should I do to convince him that I'm prettier than her and I'm a lot better?

I know you think I'm really shallow right now but that's honestly what she looks like.

TL;DR: There's this guy I really like but his girlfriend is a pizza faced tomboy and I'm a lot prettier and flirtier than her. How should I convince him?

BTW I'm 13, the girl is 15, and he's 16.

Wow you've got a lot if growing up to do. I feel sorry for you for being so obsessed with physical appearance but that's pretty typical for your age these days. Ur 13, why don't u put down the lip gloss and go play with a Barbie.

From his point of view: her lack of preening, nice personality and sporty attitude simply makes her a much better catch. From your description, she sounds very low maintenance - a trait which is VERY attractive to a man.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Girl, it's obvious that he wants different things in a dream girl. Besides, you're 13. Stop wearing so much make up, and that might impress him more. He likes natural girl with ponytail and no makeup, then if you really wanna fight for him, don't wear make up. Maybe he wouldn't see you despite all that, but maybe some other amazing boy will.
    You're young, so no need to worry about it. There's a lot of boys that might be better than him when you're more natural. And trust me when I say most 16-year old sees most 13-year old as kids, most probably the reason he's not looking at you.
    Trust me, I was once 13, 15, and 16, too. Lol.

He likes her more because they have a lot in common including age....yes age is just a number but she is probably more mature than you plus is more likely to have sex with him and you are way too young to get into that.. He likes a girl that is into sports and stuff. Not all guys like a girlie girl all made up. Some guys like a girl that is themselves and is natural.

Imagine yourself - who would you like to date better - 10 year old or 12 year old guy?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Imagine yourself - who would you like to date better - 10 year old or 12 year old guy?
    The 12 year old. I wouldn't want to date a 5th grader.