+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Good skin is necessary for a good boyfriend"

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    You should use them to understand how they work. Otherwise dont bother it would be the same as virgin talking about sex.

But you made some good points about genetics. Especialy hormones. Anyway as you know fat does increase hormone production a lot. So fat foods do a lot for the skin. I also believe that saturated fat like from sousage on pizza will make skin ugly unlike. - Fish oil actually is good for skin since its good healthy fats. Its really these little things that makes diference. Like they say you are what you eat.
    Everyone processes fatty foods differently. Fatty foods have nothing to do with acne or the quality of your skin. If anything, hormones control your fat intake, not the other way around. Not to mention, some people metabolize foods so quickly it's not in their system for very long. I'm a little confused where you're getting this information.

Omega 3's ARE good for your skin. You're right about that. Essential fatty acids do lots of good.

I don't need to use steroids to know their effect on the body. You should know what you're putting into your system and what effects they have if you are personally taking steroids. Please educate yourself.

Didnt know that hormones control fat intake, but know that hormones are made from fat, thats for sure. Anyway Im not denying your knowledge. There really are a lot ways how to look at things.

I really havent went to school about these things just being interested for years and trying everything on own skin.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I'm confused as to how your skin determines the quality of your boyfriend.

As I said in your other post, if it's really that bad, do everyone a favor and jump off a bridge. A big one.

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Didnt know that hormones control fat intake, but know that hormones are made from fat, thats for sure. Anyway Im not denying your knowledge. There really are a lot ways how to look at things.

I really havent went to school about these things just being interested for years and trying everything on own skin.
    Hormones are chemicals...

Did you know that hormones like testosterone are actually sanitized from fat, to be exact - cholesterol found in animal products?

for an academic, you're appear incredibly brainless.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

lalalita Guest
    what do you mean "sanitized"?

Synthesis thats correct word.

lalalita Guest
    Synthesis and sanitize are two completely different words. We'll just agree to disagree.

People with good skin look younger and healthy. We are programmed by evolution to be attracted to healthy young women because they are most likely to survive child birth with a healthy offspring. Men don't have to grow the child inside or give birth. So women look for good DNA and the ability of the male to provide and protect the offspring. Today, men provide both with money. No matter how rich the women is, she can't bare children at 65 so the attraction isn't their for men. So look healthy and young, u attract more men.

Originally Posted by Kromat83
    "I would take personality over looks, any day of the week"

Quote Originally Posted by academicgirl View Post
    Do you really mean that?
    Looks will only get me to approach you, and i like that women put in the effort
    to make themselves stand out and feel good about themselves, but i'll know
    if your more attractive, when i start talking to you, and if i ask some questions,
    or you talk about yourself and some hobbies that interests me, then i'll see how
    i perceive you, because there are so many women that i could spend time with, if you bore me.

Originally Posted by Unusual
    "its skin, just cause your skin has a few blemishes doesnt mean it isnt nice skin"
    The perception of women in the media thinks differently.
    That's because the media wants to show you perfection, when you see those stars
    without makeup, it's not pretty, some can pull it off, but not some of the older people.

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    While upkeep is great, skin has a lot more to do with genetic predisposition - hormones and things to that degree. Someone with hormonal acne can try all they want to treat topically, without much success. Those with inherently "good" skin usually don't do much in terms of upkeep. The same goes for how we age.
    Some people have a skin disorder like acne, eczema, psoriasis etc and its true that no matter how much they try to treat it-they cannot find a "cure".I have oily/combination skin and I am prone to spots and black heads but I take such good care of my skin that now I generally only get a few spots when I am on my period. My cousin has the same skin as me but she doesn't take care of it properly and she is always breaking out.

I know another lady who has normal clear skin but because she doesn't look after it, it has gone dry and pasty looking. Shes very pretty-in her 40's and looks much younger but I think there is room for improvement.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

When guys talk about women, skin is only mentioned if there is something very wrong. We're much more likely to talk about the face, the body, and sometimes the hair. We also tend to not pay any attention to accessories. We don't really care about your shoes, your purse, your earrings, etc, unless they are strange or extreme.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Good skin is necessary for a good boyfriend is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard, if that was genuinely in a magazine then wow they are getting worse and worse..

I have awful skin, that's fine. I'm already planning how best to lay out my house to fit all my cats in. Nah, I think a lot of it's confidence, I know quite a few girls who don't have flawless skin who get guys. I do wish I didn't have so many spots though. Rawr.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast