+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Good skin is necessary for a good boyfriend"

"Good skin is necessary for a good boyfriend"

I was reading an article in one of those women's magazines whilst I was at my doctor's appointment and it was talking about how women can change their clothes, their shoes, their hair, they eye colour etc but what matters the most is their skin.

It was encouraging women to stop wasting money on useless clothes etc and instead to sort out your body and face, in terms of the "quality" of your skin.

Of course there is the issue of what if you're not blessed with good skin?

Girls, in addition to being skinny you have to have good skin. That's just the start!

Most women read too much into these magazines and then think that is the way to look like.
    Of course they are going to say that you need it, it's a business, just like all those diet pills.
    I don't think a skinny girl is that attractive too be honest, I'd rather her have some curves, be toned if able and just looks like she exactly eats.
    I would take personality over looks, any day of the week, as most attractive girls are stuck up and only want certain people approach them, like the way they act.
    Your physical side might get me to want to chat, but doesn't mean I have to be interested.
    Like yourself first, and people around you will too.
    We all want to look our best, but it's all how we present ourselves.

the things that get published and defines what people need for a relationship or to look sexy is a joke
    its skin, just cause your skin has a few blemishes doesnt mean it isnt nice skin, hell iv got bloody awful skin but if you put the time into it, as skin goes it doesnt look that bad
    also id like to know what is defined as 'nice' skin, i always thought skin was skin, it covered your body so your insides were not on show...or cold

Actually for me its more about brains and positive attitude rather than skin. I can date a girl with non perfect skin if there is life inside her.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 06-08-13 at 10:14 PM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat83 View Post
    I would take personality over looks, any day of the week,
    Do you really mean that?

Quote Originally Posted by Unusual View Post
    its skin, just cause your skin has a few blemishes doesnt mean it isnt nice skin
    The perception of women in the media thinks differently.

It's easy for you to get perfectionist about yourself. The truth is that people look at the whole person, not at little details. If you're with someone who loves you and they think you're beautiful, then a bit of spotty skin ain't gonna change that. I'm sure most men would agree with me on that. I mean women have the tendency to experience all kinds of insecurities, and their men will just want to show them that a few spots don't matter. Before academic girl comes in to critique me, I know that they do this because their heart is in the right place. I've hardly ever met a shallow man.

I actually slightly agree with the original post in one sense. I read somewhere that it's not about how expensive your clothes are as long as they are form fitting. If you try and consider it from a male point of view, women care about parts of their appearance which don't in the long run affect how attractive men find them. I think they are pretty easy going.

I have a real issue with women's magazines because they encourage us to feel insecure. We're always supposed to be on a diet and then we're confronted with pictures of hot celebrities with their impossibly sculpted bodies, because they have the means to afford a personal trainer..

I agree with this. I too think your skin is the most important thing. I have a vigorous beauty regime that I always stick to. I have proper eye makeup remover and eye cream to prevent bags and wrinkles. I cleanse, tone and moisturize twice a day, I exfoliate at least once a week, I enjoy using face masks weekly. I also have a body toning kit which is a beauty treatment I use weekly.

I am a little lazy when it comes to body moisturizing. I always take excellent care of my face but my legs are a little dry right now. I could be very good for a few days and then forget to do it for awhile and shaving really dries out the skin.

But yes you should defo look after your skin and eat healthy, drink lots of water. I also look after my nails. I used to bite my nails and they were very weak and unattractive. I now love my nails. I stopped biting them a few years ago and I paint them daily. Pink is my only color lol. Gotta try a few more.

When your skin is healthy and radiant-you really only need a little bit of make up which just highlights and shows off your best features and makes you glow.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by academicgirl View Post

The perception of women in the media thinks differently.
    exactly the media has this sense that they define whos attractive and who isnt when iv found they can be right in say 1 out of 100 cases
    not every guy is shallow enough to mind a few blemishes or scars and marks on the skin, it shows your not perfect and we all have them bad days were we feel rough and some times look it, people just need to learn to be happy with the way they look

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I agree with this. I too think your skin is the most important thing. I have a vigorous beauty regime that I always stick to. I have proper eye makeup remover and eye cream to prevent bags and wrinkles. I cleanse, tone and moisturize twice a day, I exfoliate at least once a week, I enjoy using face masks weekly. I also have a body toning kit which is a beauty treatment I use weekly.

I am a little lazy when it comes to body moisturizing. I always take excellent care of my face but my legs are a little dry right now. I could be very good for a few days and then forget to do it for awhile and shaving really dries out the skin.

But yes you should defo look after your skin and eat healthy, drink lots of water. I also look after my nails. I used to bite my nails and they were very weak and unattractive. I now love my nails. I stopped biting them a few years ago and I paint them daily. Pink is my only color lol. Gotta try a few more.

When your skin is healthy and radiant-you really only need a little bit of make up which just highlights and shows off your best features and makes you glow.
    While upkeep is great, skin has a lot more to do with genetic predisposition - hormones and things to that degree. Someone with hormonal acne can try all they want to treat topically, without much success. Those with inherently "good" skin usually don't do much in terms of upkeep. The same goes for how we age.

I noticed than skin have much to do with inner organs. When you are tired from inside your skin looks worse too. Its about what you eat and greasy food like pizza is noticably bad for skin. Aswell as softdrinks and etc. Lots of peeps been getting acne while using steroids. Steroids sends inner organs in overdrive and it makes produce more waste products too which will shed tru the skin. It can take 2-3 showers a day just to keep skin clean as it normaly is. And when you get off the juice acne really shows. Atleast with oral steroids I noticed this. Lots of greens and vegetables really make skin look better. There is few topics about it actually.

/threads/80029-How-to-better-health-amp-appearance

/threads/80512-Exfoliating

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    I noticed than skin have much to do with inner organs. When you are tired from inside your skin looks worse too. Its about what you eat and greasy food like pizza is noticably bad for skin. Aswell as softdrinks and etc. Lots of peeps been getting acne while using steroids. Steroids sends inner organs in overdrive and it makes produce more waste products too which will shed tru the skin. It can take 2-3 showers a day just to keep skin clean as it normaly is. And when you get off the juice acne really shows. Atleast with oral steroids I noticed this. Lots of greens and vegetables really make skin look better. There is few topics about it actually.

/threads/80029-How-to-better-health-amp-appearance

/threads/80512-Exfoliating
    Steroids cause acne due to spiked testosterone.

Food doesn't have anything to do with acne unless you have an allergy/food sensitivity.

Waste products are shed through the skin? What?
    Last edited by lalalita; 07-08-13 at 03:16 AM.

There is lot of ways how to look at it.

But food does change every person skin. Try to eat chocolade every day for a week and then look at your skin. Aswell as eating clean cleans up the skin. its not just how you care about skin from outside, good health shows everywhere. Obiously you dont know so much as me so better read previous threads about skin before you dare post again.

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    There is lot of ways how to look at it.

But food does change every person skin. Try to eat chocolade every day for a week and then look at your skin. Aswell as eating clean cleans up the skin. its not just how you care about skin from outside, good health shows everywhere. Obiously you dont know so much as me so better read previous threads about skin before you dare post again.
    I went to school for all this stuff, darlin'. LOL.

Diet has little negative effect on the skin. The chocolate/acne correlation is a myth. Like I said before, skin clarity has a lot to do with genetics and hormone levels. Eating clean is great, and if someone's acne is triggered by a certain food irritant (Some people's hormonal acne can be amplified by the hormones in dairy products) it can help. BUT, if you have no food sensitivities, cutting out junk food isn't going to do much for your skin.

Acne can be caused by many different factors, most of which we are genetically predisposed to. The turn over rate of your skin cells, your natural sebum production etc.

lalalita Guest
    Also, do a simple Google search on how steroids work.

You should use them to understand how they work. Otherwise dont bother it would be the same as virgin talking about sex.

But you made some good points about genetics. Especialy hormones. Anyway as you know fat does increase hormone production a lot. So fat foods do a lot for the skin. I also believe that saturated fat like from sousage on pizza will make skin ugly unlike. - Fish oil actually is good for skin since its good healthy fats. Its really these little things that makes diference. Like they say you are what you eat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast