+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kissing and suckling at the breasts

Michelle23: I see what you mean.

Wakeup: There are many sources on the internet, nearly countless sources. Especially anecdotal from people's own lives and experience with it.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101018021329AAVIKYW

http://adultnursingjourney.blogspot.com/

http://www.dearcupid.org/question/is-there-a-way-i-can-induce-lactation.html

http://adultnursingrelationship.wordpress.com/

http://www.stargatelibraries.com/WhyAdultNursing001.html

http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/i-want-breastfeed-my-partner

http://isitnormal.com/story/my-husband-wants-to-milk-me-induce-lactation-is-this-normal-51599/

http://www.landmilkhoney.com/nurscouples.htm

I'm talking about scientific evidence that woman can lactate without hormonal problems or pituatary growths being involved. "Stories from people" mean nothing. This thread is a story from you as well.

So: Any scientific proof about healthy women (without hormonal or pituatary problems or being on certain medications) actually being able to produce milk from massage and physical manipulation?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Further to above:
    I don't think its weird since the breasts are capable of milk production outside of pregnancy,
    I think you've miss-read. A woman can keep producing milk as long as she keeps breast feeding, the more breast feeding (after birth) the more milk will be produced so if men and women are so inclined to "adult feed" then that would have to be under two conditions.

1... She was breast feeding her baby and this adult feeding is taking place while she's STILL lactating or,
    2... She has hormonal, pituitary problems or is on certain medication...

None of these conditions are healthy so if she's lactating without ever being pregnant then she should be seeing her doctor to discover why.

Sorry, but I think its an injustice to be saying otherwise and possibly some young girl has problems that she ignores because she's read your "anecdotes"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

My apologies, when I said outside pregnancy, I was referring to the method where the husband stimulates the wife's nipples for weeks or months regularly until she begins producing milk, even before ever getting pregnant.

When I found out about this, I was ecstatic(even though I will most likely never get it.) Just knowing it exists is easing.

But yeah, what you said, if a girl is randomly producing milk for no reason(no stimulation of the breasts), then it is due to hormonal imbalance or medication.

Also, I don't have the time to find a scientific study on nipple stimulation leading to milk production. I probably won't have time to look for sometime. But to me, the fact that a woman can produce milk in response to her husbands passionate kissing of the breasts leads me to believe that the milk was also made for the husband during times when there are no children. It is also very difficult for a baby with a non-pregnant women to cause her to lactate as a baby will get upset and give up if no milk is produced from the suckling.

Only the husband who would kiss out of passion and devotion would get milk through this method.

This is the quickest articles I could find that aren't anecdotes.

http://www.wisegeek.org/how-can-i-induce-lactation.htm

So yes, I think its an injustice to ignore the hidden mechanisms found in humans due to silly cultural beliefs created before a person was born by people who may not have been ruled by flaw set of ideals at the time such cultural spanning beliefs were made. To me, cultures that think breastfeeding is only for kids are the same as flat earthers or people who thought the sun revolved around the earth.

The missing aspects of the relationship between man and women need to be rediscovered for the betterment of mankind.

Also, a husband breastfeeding from the wife doesn't have to be sexual, it can be solely for emotional bonding and nothing more.

On a last note, I am pretty sure some scientific evidence is cited in some of the links I linked above as well as testimony from healthy women experiencing this. I apologize that I don't have the time to search it out. I don't know if scientific textbooks out there don't have any information on this, if it might be outdated, or if the studies are still new and awaiting official publication, or proper studies on this haven't been done yet. Science isn't perfection, and it is still researching and updating all the time. New stuff is still getting to the public all the time and old information is constantly becoming obsolete due to new studies.

My hunch is that it's real and a little known but major mechanism of breast function. Of course, If I am wrong, then I will return to my old thinking on breasts, but if its true and scientifically proven, then I will be happy for all the pairs out there who enjoy such an act in their relationship as its another thing to add to the many acts man and woman can share together.

I have read that men can produce milk too. Even one case when wife didnt had milk after baby were born but miraciously husband had so he was breastfeeding.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Noveyor View Post

Also, a husband breastfeeding from the wife doesn't have to be sexual, it can be solely for emotional bonding and nothing more.
    LOL !! People are strange...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just want to say that its really great to read lay people requesting 'reputable science' sources. I feel like this is a victory for the forces of critical thinking.

Of course, the next problem is how non-professionals decide something is reputable (since even professionals argue) but its a wonderful thing to see, all the same.

Carry on. I don't think I'll add anything to this discussion.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Noveyor View Post
    Also, I don't have the time to find a scientific study on nipple stimulation leading to milk production. I probably won't have time to look for sometime. But to me, the fact that a woman can produce milk in response to her husbands passionate kissing of the breasts leads me to believe that the milk was also made for the husband during times when there are no children. It is also very difficult for a baby with a non-pregnant women to cause her to lactate as a baby will get upset and give up if no milk is produced from the suckling.

Only the husband who would kiss out of passion and devotion would get milk through this method.

This is the quickest articles I could find that aren't anecdotes.

http://www.wisegeek.org/how-can-i-induce-lactation.htm

My hunch is that it's real and a little known but major mechanism of breast function.
    Its a neat idea. In my experience, if you can imagine it, you can often find evidence for it.

Anyway, the phenomenon you are describing is called "galactorrhea". Google it, I don't have time to explain. But if a woman you know has this, send her to see a physician immediately.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I apologize for any dismay I may have caused, but I am just really excited at the possibility of breasts having some undiscovered, hidden function which could improve human romantic relationships.

I accidentally found it when I was bored and decided to search for stories about wether or not its true that girls will sometimes have their breasts randomly grow in their 20's after reading about it a long time ago. Somehow I ended up reading stories about breast kissing and from that ended up reading a large amount of stories stating that breasts can produce milk between couples that do a lot of breast suckling.

Ah, Galactorhea, according to the definition, it is sometimes benign, and sometimes caused by excessive nipple stimulation. I see. Although some of the anecdotes I read don't match up with the possible causes listed, but I am no scientist, so I will refrain from saying any absolute statements until a proper scientific study can be conducted by a well-funded group. Most are busy studying more pressing biological issues, so I guess for now, it will have to wait.

If the girl likes it I say go for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12