+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex is also my housemate

My ex is also my housemate

Hello everyone,

First of all I want to thank anyone who is reading this and can give me advice.
    I am 24 years old and live in a shared house in London. I have lived there since September last year. Six months after I moved in me and this guy who is also my housemate got together. After barely six months it has ended.
    He is 40, and I initially turned him down when he said he liked me because I did not see it working out in the long run, and I told myself I was going to end up getting hurt. The reasons I gave him where that he wants different things out of life at this age. He however tried very hard and assured me he wanted me for who I am and that he understands I need different things and he respects that.

Well, that attitude did not last very long. He ended things with me, after stringing me along for a while saying he wasn't sure about things. He even said that at his age "you get together with someone who you think you are going to marry". He said that he thought I was that person in the beginning and not any more now.

Many other things have been said that I find hard to recall now. To put it simply, in my opinion he has acted quite selfishly both during our relationship and breakup.

And... He is my housemate. I have not been very responsive to him saying he wants to be friends, I can't do that now. I don't want to move out and I don't think he is going to.

He is also getting along great with our other female housemate and its terrible to say but I hate it when I hear them laughing together.

What do I do? I feel like he doesn't care and he never did, and he just used me up

Thanks again for any advice

It's obvious what you need to do. Move out. It's really that simple. He is 40 and he has plenty experience manipulating young women and he had no intentions of getting serious with you. Now he is moving on to the next one. Be glad that he's not going to be your problem. You can't handle being there or want to be around him and I don't blame you. Move on.

I actually don't have that much of a hard time being around him when we are both at home, I did the first week that was really bad but now I feel better. Not great, but not terrible either. I really cannot move out for many reasons.

I just need advice on how to make this work and what mistakes not to make, how to keep my head held high

This must be a little annoying for you and I do understand you saying I need to move out

He sounds like a terrible guy to me.. MOVE OUT AND STAY AWAY from him.. staying in the same house will only give you stress and make you unhappy.. He just wanted to have some fun from the very start.. out of sight , out of mind..
    <a href="http://www.w3schools.com">Visit W3Schools.com! </a>