+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ever Seen a Therapist?

Ever Seen a Therapist?

(Not a physical therapist - all you jocks I mean someone who challenged you to dig deep and confront some aspects of yourself you didn't like. What was your experience?

No, I've never seen a therapist but my individual spiritual studies and later a spirituality school I joined have helped me enormously in understanding myself, the others and life in general.

Still learning
    Last edited by Valixy; 08-08-13 at 03:38 AM.

I have a friend who is a therapist/psychologist and from time to time over the years I've confided in him, so it was technically therapy... But it was not official, as there is no record.
    Other than that, I haven't really seen any except for a brief period with our middle school guidance counselor (who was also the school psychologist).

With my friend, it was easier for me because it's someone I trust. Except, some of the exercises and things he told me were still a bit hard to take.
    And with the other, it was worse because she didn't really believe the things I told her. It was incredibly tough to answer some of her questions, mainly because I was referred rather than going by choice. In the end, I don't really remember all the details, but the first thing that comes to mind is that I was hugging myself a lot. I asked her specifically not to disclose anything to my family on one instance, and she said she wouldn't...then proceeded to call them right after I left the room. And eventually, she just gave up after a few weeks of me refusing to talk further if she was going to do that... :S

Quote Originally Posted by valixy View Post
    No, I've never seen a therapist but my individual spiritual studies and later a spirituality school I joined have helped me enormously in understanding myself, the others and life in general.

Still learning
    Thats wonderful, If you dont mind me asknig you what spiritual path have you studyied?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I have a friend who is a therapist/psychologist and from time to time over the years I've confided in him, so it was technically therapy... But it was not official, as there is no record.
    .. :S
    Me too, my cousin is a psycologist and he is a vault! I also see a therapist to help me with relationship issues and have for about 14 months now. Let me tell you: it has been an eye-opener to say the least. There is an article my Reloadedindi that I am searching for because it actually has more good, true and usefull info than any of what I can remember my Therapist and I discussin'. I'll find it and post the link here. Everyone should read it in my opinion.

'If you dont mind me asking you what spiritual path have you studied?'

Ageless Wisdom, based on Alice Ann Bailey's and Madame Blavatsky's writings which recognize and try to unify all religions and try to establish the contact between the man and his Soul and the Masters of Wisdom.
    Last edited by Valixy; 09-08-13 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constructo Man View Post
    (Not a physical therapist - all you jocks I mean someone who challenged you to dig deep and confront some aspects of yourself you didn't like. What was your experience?
    Yes.

It was good.

I ordered the Consicousness of the Atom today! There sure is a lot of info on ageless wisdom. I am more of scientific-minded person so I am going with that as my first book to read but I'd love to learn more about this in general.

Great! I hope you will enjoy reading it! A more scientific-minded person should connect well with the Blue Books. They do provide a lifetime study opportunity, I must warn you

Thank you Valixy. I can tell this is some of the right stuff to be studying throughout life

You should also try "Choice Theory" by William Glasser, M.D. and "What to Say When You Talk to Yourself" by Shad Helmstetter Ph.D.

^^^ Very interesting book previews

Quote Originally Posted by Constructo Man View Post
    Yes, as a kid -- my friend was killed during a corner store robbery, we were just in the store buying junk food and crap and he got killed by some junkie who was robbing the store - wrong place- wrong time sitch.
    My parents sent me to talk it out.

Didn't help, but didn't hurt.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.