+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does a wife have a reasonable expectation of privacy when an old boyfriend shows up?

Does a wife have a reasonable expectation of privacy when an old boyfriend shows up?

My old boyfreind came into town three times in the last seven weeks. My husband tracks us wherever we go, and shows up at the worst time. My husband and I have been having a major disagreement over this. My husband and old boyfriend have both been physicly hurt by the other, and now my husband says that he will be along at any time my old boyfriend wants to talk to me privatly. Should a husband be so distrustfull about my relationship with my old boyfriend? My husband is even saying that if I go out with him alone again I may as well stay permenantly with him. Am I in the wrong for a little time with an old friend?

I caught up with an old boyfriend from 25years ago. He came to my home and had lunch with me, my husband and my sister's family. It was a lovely reunion and everyone got on really well. We remain Facebook friends.

However, if I'd been sneaking around with my ex and not wanting my husband to be involved - it would have been a VERY different outcome.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

hmmm... I just caught half a conversation about this on the chat forum above. How about sharing the rest of the story?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Oh she said if her husband didn't stop following them she would get her ex to take her to a motel. And then she wonders why he has trust issues. I wouldn't waste your time on this one Bas if I were you.
    Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.

I'm assuming to left out some details so you have a better chance of getting the answers you want to hear, right? I think it's disrespectful of *you* to want alone time with your ex boyfriend and expect your husband to be completely fine with it, especially since they obviously don't get along and your ex has apparently physically hurt your husband. Put yourself in his shoes. Would you be ok with it?
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.” ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailR View Post
    I'm assuming to left out some details so you have a better chance of getting the answers you want to hear, right? I think it's disrespectful of *you* to want alone time with your ex boyfriend and expect your husband to be completely fine with it, especially since they obviously don't get along and your ex has apparently physically hurt your husband. Put yourself in his shoes. Would you be ok with it?
    Indeed, I asked if she would be okay if it were her husband and an ex girlfriend twice and got ignored both times... apparently it's fine for her to spend time with the ex because she moved there from out of state?! Whatever lol.
    Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.

You are having an affair you selfish mare and your husband has EVERY right not to trust you! Jesus are you that braindead?

I suggest you choose now! Your husband or your bf. This is cruel and wrong. Make your choice and stop being a lying, cheating, two faced, back stabbing whore!

This is an emotional affair-about to turn physical. You are throwing your marriage down the toilet and thenscars you will leave behind, the destruction and pain you will cause (are already causing) is horrific

your husband deserves your respect if nothing else so either end your marriage now and LEAVE or end your affair and get marriage counselling
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Maybe this should help you.

Quote Originally Posted by CTyankee1956 View Post
    My old boyfreind came into town three times in the last seven weeks. My husband tracks us wherever we go, and shows up at the worst time. My husband and I have been having a major disagreement over this. My husband and old boyfriend have both been physicly hurt by the other, and now my husband says that he will be along at any time my old boyfriend wants to talk to me privatly. Should a husband be so distrustfull about my relationship with my old boyfriend? My husband is even saying that if I go out with him alone again I may as well stay permenantly with him. Am I in the wrong for a little time with an old friend?
    Yes, you are wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself that you even thought this was a valid question. If you're going to treat your marriage like a joke, just get a divorce and do whatever you want. If you want to stay married, completely cut off contact with the old boyfriend. Don't go looking for online strangers to validate your stupid behavior.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Shaking my head. I wonder were some people reared in the zoo with chimpanzees.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".