+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why are all the guys I meet are pervs?!!

Why are all the guys I meet are pervs?!!

Ok, more like guys from POF. Why do they bring up sex so early? So touchy? And if I don't have sex with them the first month of dating, I am seen as uninterested? Ugh...I am so frustrated!!!

I don't dress like a slut but I wear fitting clothes that shows off my figure.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Do men seek sex for validation?
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    Ok, more like guys from POF. Why do they bring up sex so early? So touchy? And if I don't have sex with them the first month of dating, I am seen as uninterested? Ugh...I am so frustrated!!!

POF as in internet dating?

Internet dating is more or less the same as anywhere else you'd meet someone. There's plenty of ******* out there so its the same hit or miss ratio.

honestly, pick people who are intelligent and "don spel lik dis." -- Or ones that use bad lines such as, "I know someone who wants to beat your azz. --- my balls."

If you were in a bar or at a party and someone was just interested in your body, you wouldn't feel too comfortable around them. Same thing with the internet.. If all someone has to talk about is how hot or sexy you are, then that is all they are after.

Yes, compliments make people feel good, but pay attention to the CONTEXT of the conversation. The WORST 2nd date question I have ever overheard was "when you gonna let me hit dat?"

Now THAT, is someone who should have their reproductive credentials revoked permanently. And any woman that falls for it, deserves what she gets out of that relationship.

Jersey Shore is not a "how to" guide for relationships, its a clear warning of who the hell to stay far away from. Its a televised train wreck in slow motion.. What good are abs of steel when the guy has the intelligence and personality of a dump truck ?

-- Just using a pop culture reference as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Unusual View Post
    POF as in internet dating?

Internet dating is more or less the same as anywhere else you'd meet someone. There's plenty of ******* out there so its the same hit or miss ratio.

honestly, pick people who are intelligent and "don spel lik dis." -- Or ones that use bad lines such as, "I know someone who wants to beat your azz. --- my balls."

If you were in a bar or at a party and someone was just interested in your body, you wouldn't feel too comfortable around them. Same thing with the internet.. If all someone has to talk about is how hot or sexy you are, then that is all they are after.

Yes, compliments make people feel good, but pay attention to the CONTEXT of the conversation. The WORST 2nd date question I have ever overheard was "when you gonna let me hit dat?"

Now THAT, is someone who should have their reproductive credentials revoked permanently. And any woman that falls for it, deserves what she gets out of that relationship.

Jersey Shore is not a "how to" guide for relationships, its a clear warning of who the hell to stay far away from. Its a televised train wreck in slow motion.. What good are abs of steel when the guy has the intelligence and personality of a dump truck ?

-- Just using a pop culture reference as an example.
    Trust me. I used my common sense in this dating site. I only went out with guys who seem like a nice guy, intelligent, and has a good job/career/in school. But then, once I meet them in person, the sexual motivation start to show. I maybe met 3 out of 15 guys on there who isn't sex crazed. But one was a total cheapskate who invited me out on his birthday and wanted me to pay for his meal. Another one told me he is broke as ****, sleeping at friend's house, and wanted me to pay for all our dates.

Trust me. I used my common sense in this dating site. I only went out with guys who seem like a nice guy, intelligent, and has a good job/career/in school. But then, once I meet them in person, the sexual motivation start to show. I maybe met 3 out of 15 guys on there who isn't sex crazed. But one was a total cheapskate who invited me out on his birthday and wanted me to pay for his meal. Another one told me he is broke as ****, sleeping at friend's house, and wanted me to pay for all our dates.
    Maybe you should stop looking on sites where things are free and put out some cash to look on sites where guys have to pay to talk to you.. then you can weed out the cheap guys... otherwise I agree with Unusuals post.

Ya, maybe I should start looking at paid sites.

Or maybe stop using internet dating sites all together? I think they are strange...I don't understand why people can't interact in the real world anymore? Meet someone at the grocery store or something.
    Last edited by Maple1714; 09-08-13 at 04:53 AM.

So awkward going up to ppl in grocery stores. They might already have a girlfriend.

I've used POF and found a couple good ones on there. My step mom also found two of her long term boyfriends on there (my dad passed away, hence why she is no longer with him). They are there, it's just a matter of weeding through the losers. Life may be right about using a paid site instead of free, although I never have. I used to think dating sites were weird, until I actually met a couple people, and realized they weren't that weird at all. I'd say just keep on, keeping on and eventually, a good one will come along.

Guys usually can't dress like sluts. I mean, for you gays, dating is different anyway; you gays get fewer sexual outlets because there are fewer homoes out there. What's worse is you're fat as hell. They like the cushion for the pushin'.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Probably stems from a lack of confidence/their reason for dating. Firstly free sites will often bring lots of guys who are on there just for sex on the side because it costs them nothing to just sign up and go. Try a paid one?

On the point of confidence, I would say it is them trying to validate the relationship. They think it is the best way to cement the relationahip when really is should just happen spontaneously.

Lastly, this probably is a bit far fetched, but perhaps the reason they are dating online is because they cant find a relationship in their own social life, thus they have little relationship experience and thus unreasonable expectations of when sex comes in a relationship.

I have heard POF is more like a "one night stand" site. There may be a few genuine people but its RARE. If your serious about finding love-join a dating site that you have to pay for. It immediately introduces you to more relationship type, serious guys who are not messing about..

Or get off the net completely and go out and meet new people.

Maybe you are looking too hard. Have you ever thought of just giving up for awhile. Sometimes the b things happen when you least expect it.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".