+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is girl flirting or just being nice

Is girl flirting or just being nice

So there's a girl at a restaurant I frequent who works there that I see quite a bit. One day she messed my food up we talked about it jokingly. Now every time since she smiles at me and goes out of her way to ask how I am and smiles even when another worker is helping me. Is she just being nice or flirting? She seems like she wants to talk more but doesn't. Should I strike up conversation and see?

There only one way how to find out. Do it !
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

If she smiles and looks down, ask her for lunch!

So an update...haven't asked her anything but saw her today she went out of way to talk to me and asked about my work etc...not quite sure how I feel about asking more while she is at work with several other workers around. Any ideas??

maybe ask her out for coffee/tea, and find out what she really wants. seems like she is interested in you :-)

Bump...anyone else?

Can I be honest? Waitresses/bartenders work for tips. When I was bartending, I was overly flirtatious and sweet with lots of men AND women who were my customers, it's part of the job. On the other hand, she could have an interest in you, and I guess the only way to find out is to ask her to get together.

Its their job to talk with strangers but it still takes caurage especialy with creeps like you. If she had the caurage to talk to you it means she will have the caurage to listen what you have to say too.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

: ) I am agree with " JCM"

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger2013 View Post
    Can I be honest? Waitresses/bartenders work for tips. When I was bartending, I was overly flirtatious and sweet with lots of men AND women who were my customers, it's part of the job. On the other hand, she could have an interest in you, and I guess the only way to find out is to ask her to get together.
    Thanks for your input...don't think this is the case as it is working behind a counter with 6-8 other employees and goes out of way to say hi ask about day...other day started asking where I work etc...so I guess only way is to ask... And to pcmaster I'm not a creep I just go to eat my lunch and wasn't looking around for her etc....

You should just ask her. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? She could be flirting for tips but she could also be really into you... you never know till you try! good luck!

I think she is just being nice with you. At some point she likes you and you are right that she is interested in talking to you. And yes, you should strike up the conversation with her and find out actually what she want.

Grow some balls and ask her out. If she says yes she likes you.

I used to wait tables and I can honestly tell you that her attention might just be innocent. Being nice to customers gets you more tips, especially if you messed up their order in the past. Things like body-language and the content of what girl says to you will reveal if she wants something more. You will just have to keep talking with her to find this out.
    “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”- Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray