+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: why do most men prefer lightskinned women over darkskinned black women?

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    That means it wasnt the right guy for you. Dont concetrate on negative.

I have posted this on my FB wall

Attachment 2003
    its not just one guy who feels that way. there are tons of them who do

We have both provided you with advice, and all you do is complain, how about a THANK YOU. No one will ever be able to help you, if you can't help yourself!!!
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    We have both provided you with advice, and all you do is complain, how about a THANK YOU. No one will ever be able to help you, if you can't help yourself!!!
    em

I don't think there will ever be a solution to my problem unless I can alter my appearance to look more mixed race

Quote Originally Posted by coldestdayever View Post
    em

I don't think there will ever be a solution to my problem unless I can alter my appearance to look more mixed race
    The only thing you need to change is your attitude!!
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Then do what you have to do and stop crying or you gona cry alone.

Good Luck !
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

why do men reject me for lightskinned women? why? the men seem to be avoiding answering this question

Because there is no answer. It's all in your head

I know exactly what you are going through.

I'm in love with a white guy but I'm south asian. I have lately been depressed alot thinking about it. I go to college where there are tons of beautiful white girls, and to be honest, I feel ugly compared to them, with my dark hair and brown eyes.. I'm not racist or anything, but that's just how I feel, and idk why. I'm in love with a white guy, he is intelligent, fun loving, and caring. but i always feel like I don't have a chance with him, because white guys dont look twice at me. sometimes i can't help but cry... I want him so much. :'( but i feel it will never happen...
    I can also be very shy, so its hard to let out my feelings to him

Quote Originally Posted by callmyname View Post

I'm in love with a white guy but I'm south asian. I have lately been depressed alot thinking about it. I go to college where there are tons of beautiful white girls, and to be honest, I feel ugly compared to them, with my dark hair and brown eyes.. I'm not racist or anything, but that's just how I feel, and idk why. I'm in love with a white guy, he is intelligent, fun loving, and caring. but i always feel like I don't have a chance with him, because white guys dont look twice at me. sometimes i can't help but cry... I want him so much. :'( but i feel it will never happen...
    That's exactly how I feel. I don't know why God even make darkskinned black women. What purpose do we serve? No one finds us attractive.

they don't. we're just used to seeing more attractive light skinned people in the media compared to darker skinned.
    black is black, i personally couldn't care less. do not have a preference when it comes to skin tone.

also, doing something stupid like bleaching your skin or whatever for the sake of male approval is a turn off.

OP lighter skin won't make you any prettier. It doesn't change your facial features. I've seen a before and after of a dark guy who bleached his skin, and he was still ugly. I bet you're not even that dark.

Yes, I have had a guy tell me that I was too dark and that most lightskinned women look better than me. I'm not making this up
    Lol. Some black guys really do like light skin but its funny because most light skin girls i know like dark skin guys. I'm pure caramel.and love it. My skin is buttery. I havent had a problem getting any complexion. I really think it's you. You need to do some soul searching. Lightskin, brown whatever..no matter how light you are, to the outside races...you're still black___even though we diff shades of brown, technically not black.

Quote Originally Posted by paythebills View Post
    OP lighter skin won't make you any prettier. It doesn't change your facial features. I've seen a before and after of a dark guy who bleached his skin, and he was still ugly. I bet you're not even that dark.
    When you're of a lighter complexion you don't have to be extremely pretty to attract male attention. the bar is much lower. I see plenty of homely light women with men. however when you are a dark woman, you have to be ridiculously attractive.

why do men reject me for lightskinned women? why? the men seem to be avoiding answering this question
    Some guys will reject you based on your skin colour alone, those guys are not worth bothering with.

Some guys will reject you based on other stuff (maybe you don't make enough effort to talk to them or style yourself well or something) and if you want to work on yourself you could try improving in those areas.

Some guys will like you the way you are right now (yep, everything about you) and if you don't want to change anything find guys like these.

How many guys do you know? How is your social life? The more people you meet, the likelier you are to find someone who fancies you.

Have you ever tried going out clubbing dressed up to the nines and seeing how many lads hit on you? I'm sure they would, that'd let you know some guys find you attractive

Quote Originally Posted by callmyname View Post

LOL white guys love Asian girls

Quote Originally Posted by Starnique View Post
    Lol. Some black guys really do like light skin but its funny because most light skin girls i know like dark skin guys. I'm pure caramel.and love it. My skin is buttery. I havent had a problem getting any complexion. I really think it's you. You need to do some soul searching. Lightskin, brown whatever..no matter how light you are, to the outside races...you're still black___even though we diff shades of brown, technically not black.
    No, other races don't view lightskinned and biracial people as fully Black. If they did, then they wouldn't always ask them if they are mixed. Or selectively use them in ads when marketing products.

Even white men have said that biracial girls are prettier than fully black girls, which really hurts my feelings. I don't know what purpose I serve as a darkskinned woman if most men don't find us appealing. Why are we here? why didn't we go extinct so we don't have to suffer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast