+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to break up with my boyfriend... BUT.

Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    That is rather cowardly and disrespectful, isn't it? The fact that sometimes life is cruel shouldn't be license to not show deserving others a little respect and dignity in already quite humiliating circumstances. Skype, for Christ's sake...
    You're unfortunately following the belief that people who get dumped deserve a face to face. I used to think so too, but now I find that the end of a relationship isn't defined by how it is ended, but by the reality that it was probably already over. She did what she needed to do, and it is done. Good on OP for not dragging anything out, and just taking care of it.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    That is rather cowardly and disrespectful, isn't it? The fact that sometimes life is cruel shouldn't be license to not show deserving others a little respect and dignity in already quite humiliating circumstances. Skype, for Christ's sake...
    I have to agree it seems pretty mean to do it online, was it not possible for you to visit him?

call, skype, in person...whatever! It's not like you need to see attorneys to sort out property and child supports payments.

Whatever you decide do it quickly so you both can get on with your lives

Quote Originally Posted by paythebills View Post
    I have to agree it seems pretty mean to do it online, was it not possible for you to visit him?
    He lives just over 3 hours away and I knew if I visited him, if he got emotional, I would probably change my mind (which I don't want to do) so, it was the best way to do it for both of us.
    I've tried to break up with him 2 times before face to face, and he just hasn't accepted it and broke me down so much I took him back, so I do have good reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by WildOne. View Post
    He lives just over 3 hours away and I knew if I visited him, if he got emotional, I would probably change my mind (which I don't want to do) so, it was the best way to do it for both of us.
    I've tried to break up with him 2 times before face to face, and he just hasn't accepted it and broke me down so much I took him back, so I do have good reason to.
    Just call him and tell him what's up

You'll feel relieved once its over

everyone she has already broken up with him via skype so no need for any more advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12