View Poll Results: Keep the "Rate Me" threads?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 56.52%
  • No

10 43.48%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Rate me..." threads. Stay or go?

"Rate me..." threads. Stay or go?

Just a quick poll regarding the "Rate me" threads that are getting out of control.

Yes or No? I'll take this poll down on 8/17/13. Votes are anonymous.
    Last edited by Over The Fence; 11-08-13 at 06:05 AM.

It doesn't harm anyone. I wouldn't make one personally, but I couldn't care less about other people doing it.

In other words should these types of threads get banned?

Practically the only thing that could warrant a straight ban is posting explicit adult content. Rate me threads are nothing in comparison.

A better thread would be if they should be warnable, and the answer is still no because attention seeking is not rule breaking.

I feel this is no place for this type of topic. They can go to Hot or not to be rated.

It is pathetic the amount of guys/girls who post photos of themselves on here with questions like...

Am I pretty? Rate my looks. Do you think I'm attractive? Ect...

If you're a girl or guy who does this, please explain your logic. I'm dying to know what would posses you to leave yourselves open to mass ridicule by strangers?

Should LF create an "Am I pretty / Rate me" category?

go

that plainjane or whatever was soo frickin annoyin!!!
    My AttitudE will B MinE 4EveR

Dunno that they should be banned... but they're annoying. They're almost always from someone that's too insecure to take the advice they seek, or to believe the answer they're given.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoHeat View Post
    It is pathetic the amount of guys/girls who post photos of themselves on here with questions like...

Am I pretty? Rate my looks. Do you think I'm attractive? Ect...

If you're a girl or guy who does this, please explain your logic. I'm dying to know what would posses you to leave yourselves open to mass ridicule by strangers?
    Why bother even asking this question? The answer's obvious, they are trying to build their self-esteem or just fishing for compliments..

Quote Originally Posted by TeEnAgEdIrTbAg View Post
    go

that plainjane or whatever was soo frickin annoyin!!!
    Jealous?

The threads are annoying. Id rather not have them here. I have no problem with people like young cosmo (loves reject) who has been on here for awhile and in dire need of help posting a pic and asking for genuine advice.

However some people are just attention seeking which is annoying. Those posing pics get on my nerves. These are people who think they are good looking-just looking for an ego stroke and they piss me off

genuine pics-no posing, just keeeping it real and seeking genuine answers are fine.

There are a LOT of stupid threads lately like "what books are you reading" or "do guys like curvy or pencil women more" etc which have nothing to do with love advice..
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Keep them. I enjoy seeing people's pictures.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

I don't mind them sometimes, but lately it's been a little over bearing.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Should stay ofcourse. Except those with celebrety photos and one with a puppy.

Sometimes people need just a view from the side. They wana know how other people see them. These topics made mostly positive impact on enviorement.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Should stay ofcourse. Except those with celebrety photos and one with a puppy.
    LOL I think Teen was just taking the mick outta "rate me" threads since these types of threads have become so annoying.

I was going to vote "no" but you know what it seems "rate me" threads are actually the most popular/most viewed on LF.

If people don't want to visit threads, don't, because soon they'll disappear from the "popular discussion" and will die after a while.

I would never create one, but I see no justifiable reason for banning them. Let those who like them use them. What possible reason could there be for banning them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast