+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've had men tell me I'm too dark for them

I've had men tell me I'm too dark for them

Why am I receiving infractions for my posts?

This angers me because I've had men tell me to my face that I was too dark for them. Should I pretend like this isn't an issue that affects me? I want to know why men reject me based on my darkskin. Why is it easier for average looking lightskinned women to find somebody but I have to break the bank just to get a half a man to look my way which rarely happens. I am desperate and need advice.

I don't know if this is a troll account or if you are really a woman who is depressed about her skin, but I will answer you any way in the hope it might help others suffering from the same issue. I personally do not think it has anything to do with your skin colour although the skin colour plays a part I think it's more to do with the fact that in the west dark skin woman particularly have a different attitude to that of other woman like say Caucasian woman and therefore a different personality. This in particular I believe could be the reason that some guys may not be attracted to you I don't think you can totally claim it's about the way you look although it's true some guys may have a preference for a type of look. That would be foolish though because if a relationship is based only on looks it won't last.

This attitude that I refer to could be something that they perceive because you too are of dark skin may exhibit so yes these guys who reject you may be stereotyping and generalising about whom you are, but it's something most people do and we do have a right as individuals to a preference surely when it comes to romance.

For example I prefer a woman who is not too loud, argumentative or physically aggressive because personally they are not feminine traits to me so I think you have to think twice before you suggest that they reject you because of how you look although I am not suggesting that you show the same characteristics described it's just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    I don't know if this is a troll account or if you are really a woman who is depressed about her skin, but I will answer you any way in the hope it might help others suffering from the same issue. I personally do not think it has anything to do with your skin colour although the skin colour plays a part I think it's more to do with the fact that in the west dark skin woman particularly have a different attitude to that of other woman like say Caucasian woman and therefore a different personality. This in particular I believe could be the reason that some guys may not be attracted to you I don't think you can totally claim it's about the way you look although it's true some guys may have a preference for a type of look. That would be foolish though because if a relationship is based only on looks it won't last.

This attitude that I refer to could be something that they perceive because you too are of dark skin may exhibit so yes these guys who reject you may be stereotyping and generalising about whom you are, but it's something most people do and we do have a right as individuals to a preference surely when it comes to romance.

For example I prefer a woman who is not too loud, argumentative or physically aggressive because personally they are not feminine traits to me so I think you have to think twice before you suggest that they reject you because of how you look although I am not suggesting that you show the same characteristics described it's just an example.
    This breaks my heart because I don't know what you're talking about. The only thing that makes me different is the rejection I face from men because of my skin tone, everything else about me is not true. I'm not argumentative, loud or physically aggressive. I don't know where those stereotypes come from

Pics? You might just not be particularly attractive.

lalalita Guest
    There are definitely men who are not interested in dark skinned women. At the same rate, there are definitely men who are not interested in light skinned women. Maybe you're approaching the wrong men. Are you trying to date outside your race?

Look at all the pitch black dark super models.

Based on all your posts, it's obvious your attitude sucks, and you have zero confidence. These two things alone, can have a major affect on how you come off to men. Change these things, and maybe you'll notice a better outcome. All you've done is complain on here, instead of taking people's advice. Try putting a smile on, have some confidence, and get a better attitude. You'd be surprised at what these things can do for you.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    Based on all your posts, it's obvious your attitude sucks, and you have zero confidence. These two things alone, can have a major affect on how you come off to men. Change these things, and maybe you'll notice a better outcome. All you've done is complain on here, instead of taking people's advice. Try putting a smile on, have some confidence, and get a betbeter attitude. You'd be surprised at what these things can do for you.
    Why do you presume that I don't smile or have confidence when I go out in public? You can judge that based on all of my posts? You must be psychic

I see a lot of women who don't walk around with great confidence yet are still able to attract white men. It's because of how they look and not that stupid confidence drivel people are always dishing out

Quote Originally Posted by RUTHLESS View Post
    Pics? You might just not be particularly attractive.
    Well what can I do to make myself attractive? bleach my skin? I don't know what else I can do to improve how I look

Quote Originally Posted by coldestdayever View Post
    Why do you presume that I don't smile or have confidence when I go out in public? You can judge that based on all of my posts? You must be psychic

I see a lot of women who don't walk around with great confidence yet are still able to attract white men. It's because of how they look and not that stupid confidence drivel people are always dishing out
    Yeah there are woman who don't need confidence because they have their looks. If you don't have looks (which you claim you don't, I guess?) then you need confidence and a good attitude.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

You're not going to find what you're looking for here, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    Yeah there are woman who don't need confidence because they have their looks. If you don't have looks (which you claim you don't, I guess?) then you need confidence and a good attitude.
    that will no give me a romantic partner, just friends. I want beauty and I want to find a way to make myself look like what most men desire

Quote Originally Posted by coldestdayever View Post
    that will no give me a romantic partner, just friends. I want beauty and I want to find a way to make myself look like what most men desire
    Then why are you here? We (or this site) cannot give you the beauty you're looking for. You're wasting you're time being here. I'm calling troll.

You say that you are hurt by someones preference yet you choose to prefer white guys which I have no problem with, but don't you see the hypocrisy, you too may be hurting others.

lalalita Guest
    White men *usually* don't go for dark skinned black women. Have you tried other races?

[QUOTE=lalalita;932271]White men *usually* don't go for dark skinned black women. Have you tried other races?

Whenever I see a black girl where i'm from, with a white man...she is dark complexion. Not super dark but not lightskin. I see more dark girls with white guys. Seriously

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast