+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was I right to get annoyed

Was I right to get annoyed

So I've been going out with this girl for about 4 months now since the start of our relationship she was texting her guy mate from work every other day.
    I mentioned it to her and she replied " we have been friends ages, he tried it with me ,but I shot him down, there is nothing for you to worry about."
    So obviously still annoyed that this guy likes her and she is still kind of what I feel as leading him on I ignored it for a while .
    Last week she lost her job the company went into administration, since then they have been texting every couple hours every other day , still ignoring it I let it go on ... Eventually she got a interview at her ex bfs work place , next thing I no both laying in bed her phone is ringing and its the ex bf " oh I'm so glad you got a interview here , ill pop round and come say hi"
    I got up and walked out and went home.

Now months ago my ex called me once and that was to pick up what she had left at mine , I didn't answer the call she left a voice mail but my gf still got in a Mood .
    So I brought it up with her how she thought it was ok to text this guy every other day / hour and just talk to ur ex after she had a go at me for my ex calling me!?!?!
    She got defensive about her mate saying I'm aloud mates, I replied yes you are but when your with me , you don't have to have your phone in your hand texting them every hour .

Final thing laying in bed last night 12.00 her phone goes off , its a text ..random number
    "Hey, you still with your bf x?"

Okay, her behavior is a LITTLE inappropriate. I do believe that girls and guys can be friends, and yes, even with exes. But my ex who I am still friends with, I only talk to once every couple weeks. It would be fine with my bf if I got a job with my ex, because he's cool with us being friends. As far as this one guy goes who she talks to all day, every day, this might bother you, but yes she is allowed to have friends. Personally, I wouldn't want my man talking to another girl every single day, and he would respect that, and relax with it. All you can really do is express to her that you uncomfortable, and if she doesn't care, then she doesn't about you that much. Express to her (in a mature manner) that she is allowed to have freinds (obviously) but you are uncomfortable with the fact that she is talking to this guy every day, all day. Maybe set some ground rules for the time you guys spend together!
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Very inappropriate I would be very annoyed too. It's okay to text male friends every once in awhile to say hi what's up. But not texting multiple times a week and every hour. That's rediculous. All these people on here that have been married forever will probably disagree but that's how I feel. It's not appropriate and I wouldn't put up with it

I have to agree with @4 ratties. This is inappropriate behavior. You'd think she'd understand since she got upset when your ex texted you. Since she obviously doesn't or doesn't care, then I can't help but conclude that this girl cares very little about you and your feelings or she's self-centered because she wants rules to apply to you but not to her. Either way, is that really the kind of girl you want to bank your future on?

I would break up with her. I think its fine to have platonic friends. But platonic friends don't have feelings for each other, they don't have a sexual history together and they don't text each other all the time
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".