+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online affair?

Online affair?

I have a friend that I've talked to online, once a week, for over 2 years. He knows I'm married. He has, on more than one occasion, mentioned that he wants to marry me if I ever broke up with my husband... I think he was joking. Lately he hasn't even tried to date anyone. He says I'm his girlfriend. He wants to visit me but I told him that my husband wouldn't like it.

I see him as just a friend, although on the rare occasion he's not online, I feel sad. My marriage is fine and I don't plan on having an affair, but I am just wondering what is going on in this guy's head. (We live several states apart).

How would you like it if your husband was casually chatting with a woman that was crushing on him, saying all the same things to him? Doesn't sound very good now does it? Your emotional attachment to this guys is not really healthy. This needs to stop.
    Last edited by smackie9; 12-08-13 at 10:32 AM.

What's going on in his head?....he is obsessing over you. He has developed a fantasy about you. Hopefully it won't get to the point where he shows up on your door step.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    What's going on in his head?....he is obsessing over you. He has developed a fantasy about you. Hopefully it won't get to the point where he shows up on your door step.
    I dunno... he sometimes doesn't come online.... and my hub knows I talk to him, and doesn't care....

What the f? does that mean?

What? Are you drunk? 1. I'm a chick and I don't have him on facebook. 2. My "bird" is perfectly chaste to my husband. This guy is a friend to me. I think u are drunk.

Hahaha!

Let's be nice now. OK can anyone give me advice, please?

Quote Originally Posted by heartisfaking View Post
    I feel obliged to give you some great advice now after my faux pas.

Sounds like you are having a co-dependent emotional affair. You should probably get some really expensive therapy.
    I have a therapist and he doesnt help.

Quote Originally Posted by heartisfaking View Post
    Ah, have you tried drugs or alcohol. They can hide a multitude of emotional problems.
    Beer isnt working... and he isn't coming online tonight (((

I did.....if your husband knew the extent of this guys conversations and intent he wouldn't be OK with it anymore. Yes I agree you have an emotional co-dependency because your husband doesn't fulfill your emotional needs so you seek it with this guy. It has become one sided now and you should know that most guys have a romantic or sexual agenda when befriending a woman.

Since you don't like what is given to you for advice so far, what are you expecting or hoping to hear?

My husband is busy watching Dr Who and ignoring me.

Anybody know When does school let back in?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by blue102 View Post
    I have a friend that I've talked to online, once a week, for over 2 years. He knows I'm married. He has, on more than one occasion, mentioned that he wants to marry me if I ever broke up with my husband... I think he was joking. Lately he hasn't even tried to date anyone. He says I'm his girlfriend. He wants to visit me but I told him that my husband wouldn't like it.

I see him as just a friend, although on the rare occasion he's not online, I feel sad. My marriage is fine and I don't plan on having an affair, but I am just wondering what is going on in this guy's head. (We live several states apart).
    Obviously your 'friend' thinks you like him or he'd not joke with you about that shit, you must lead him to think you like him too.
    Why do you let him say you are his girlfriend when you are married? like the attention? you are enabling his behavior, blame yourself for not setting stricter boundaries, IMO.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Why are you even entertaining this bullshit? You're just as wrong and you know it or else you wouldn't be trying to make sense of this. It's crazy i'm saying this to a grown ass woman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast