+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online affair?

If you have any respect for your marriage or your husband you will stop talking to this guy and tell him you cant be friends anymore. If you are having problems in your marriage-then talk to your husband about it and try to fix it together as a team. If you need professional help such as marriage counselling-go and get it.

Talking to some other guy about your marital problems and leaning on him for emotional support-doesn't do anything to fix the emotional disconnect in your marriage-it just makes the problem worse and pushes you and the man you love further apart and makes you vulnerable to thinking "is the grass greener".

i suggest you get off the computer, your hubby stops watching TV and start planning date nights, romance and fun together at least once a week. Get the spark back and do whatever it takes to bring the two of you closer

Good luck
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by blue102 View Post
    I My marriage is fine and I don't plan on having an affair...
    This comment struck me. I would guess that the majority of people who end up in affairs probably didn't plan on it... emotional affairs are especially hard to 'pin down' since there aren't specific actions that you can look to that give a clear sign an affair is taking place. However, as women, I think that is where we so often will begin - wanting to be known, acknowledged, supported, etc.

As others have mentioned, this person clearly wants to designate you as something other than a friend, and that should be cause for concern. IMO giving up what you have for a stranger who just writes nice words on a screen is never worth it in the end.

I think that you just like getting attention and your husband isn't giving you that kind of emotional attention to you so this is why you are seeking elsewhere.
    You should work on your marriage and stop talking to this guy online.

bump for more advice.

Study hard, school starts in a week.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It's already started here. Traffic has been a bitch this week.

Quote Originally Posted by blue102 View Post
    bump for more advice.
    Why don't you call up some GF's, put on a hot dress, sexy heels and go out to the clubs for some dancing. You will get lots of attention you so crave, get drunk, feel good about yourself and still be able to go home to hubby.

You're bored, hence why you've been talking to this guy for 2 years. He's probably not that amazing...but it's better than being ignored by your hubby, who sounds like he 'checks out' the moment he gets home.

So - you've got a long term relationship that has become so stale, you could be talking to 100 guys online and your husband probably wouldn't notice. Not good.

You guys need to reconnect - find something to do together, try engaging more...if not, even if you never cheat...your relationship will get to a point where it's dead.

I know your thread was about what to do with the online friend...but I think it's more about your marriage. As for the friend...just tell him you're not leaving your husband or anything like that and you're sorry if you gave him the wrong impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Study hard, school starts in a week.
    I don't understand this snarky comment.

Anyway, hubby is a good guy. I can't change him, he is who he is. I have talked with him about what I want. Nothing changes. Basically he is a great guy in all ways except I just don't feel desire for him anymore.

I don't know what's going on with the other guy. He said he wants to visit me, I told him no, and he doesn't talk to me for a while. I guess he is mad?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12