+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do when you're horribly depressed all at once?

What do you do when you're horribly depressed all at once?

I don't know about you, but my favorite thing to do when I'm depressed is sleep outside in a tree when it's raining a lot. Kinda sucks because I live in Phoenix, AZ and it never rains. That and the fact that at any moment the tree could be struck by lightning and I could be swallowed up by flames and killed. But then again, when I'm depressed I don't really care about being burned alive. lol.

Just wondering.

well, i know what i do, and crawling up in a tree like a monkey isnt one of em.

Tone Guest
    I pick myself up, and think about all the things in my life that I'm blessed with and how things could be much, much worse. I realize people are living in poverty, struggling daily with illnesses, being killed or watching loved ones being killed for no good reason, and realize my problems are pretty petty in comparison.

Hope. Today is a new day, and you never know what it might bring.

And most of all, tell yourself what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. We go through what we go through for a reason. Believe that. You have to go through the bad times to get to the good ones, and that journey makes the good ones so much more meaningful and sweet.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I write. It's the next best thing to talking about it.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Truthfully?

I got this little marble notebook.

I've had this little notebook for years now.

And I completely loath it, and everything it represents.

It symbolizes a lot of the pain and silly heartache I've been through. (Whether it be about a girl or about my family)

But I keep it around because any time I'm feelin' that low, I feel lost without it.

Poor thing has been thrown across the room I don't know how many times.

I'm a drummer. I spent a lot of time in Drum Corps and what-not. So whenever I'm depressed I rig up my snare drum on the stand and whack away. It's a pretty aggressive activity so it lets out stored anger/depression.

Doing something physical will get out some of your aggressions.

Are you with the Cadets or Crossmen or Boston Crusaders
    You may not think you are the world of someone, but to someone you are their whole world.

Pop a Zanex...or a Zoloft...or an Ambien...or whatever the latest pill fad is.

No. Just kidding. I avoid all drugs like the plague.

Mostly, I breath deep and try to concentrate on the reality right in front of me. I've always though it was peculiar that I could perfectly safe and comfortable, watching a favorite DVD and eating my favorite food, with NO THREAT of any sort looming on the near horizon...and STILL be depressed to the point of wanting to cry. It's a head trip. It comes and goes. Roll with with it by focusing on what's really happening, not what you FEEL is happening...or might.
    Speak less. Say more.

When I am going through a serious bout of depression (usually this occurs during the summer when I have too much time on my hands, and not enough to do), I tend to stay in my pajamas in bed for a day or two, alternately crying, staring at the ceiling, and watching really bad TV. Then, my depression spontaneously disappears as suddenly as it appeared, and life is good again..

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Truthfully?

I got this little marble notebook.

I've had this little notebook for years now.

And I completely loath it, and everything it represents.

It symbolizes a lot of the pain and silly heartache I've been through. (Whether it be about a girl or about my family)

But I keep it around because any time I'm feelin' that low, I feel lost without it.

Poor thing has been thrown across the room I don't know how many times.
    I have a notebook as well... not quite for the same purpose though. It's a normal binding journal thingy, but covered with light leather and with gold french embroideries on it. it looks pretty cool. I write in it whenever I question the meaning of life, the depravity of the human race, the existence of time, my feelings, my religion.. my life. It's mostly theology and psychology. I write in it with an old mechanical pencil I stole from my friend Andy. The pencil itself even contains significant memories and sentimental value.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    reguardless of how depressed i was, i would never want to be burned alive. every sensory nerve in your body screaming to be put out of it's misery seems much more painful than your heart crying out because it must now face loneliness.

however, when i'm depressed, i smoke. add that with drinking and that basically sums it up.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    reguardless of how depressed i was, i would never want to be burned alive. every sensory nerve in your body screaming to be put out of it's misery seems much more painful than your heart crying out because it must now face loneliness.

however, when i'm depressed, i smoke. add that with drinking and that basically sums it up.

raverboy
    Yeah, but maybe if you were lucky you could be struck by lightning instead of the tree, and you would have the pleasure of knowing that you saved an old tree's life.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    would i really want to save the tree's life?? i'd rather cut it down and build a house.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by pxc
    I have a notebook as well... not quite for the same purpose though.
    Oh, I forgot to mention when I refer to what it represents, it's because I only write in it when I'm feeling particularly distraught about something.

whaywardj-----"Roll with with it by focusing on what's really happening, not what you FEEL is happening...or might."

That's a sensible piece of advise!

pxc----When depressed, I go swimming. The swim doesn't take away the cause of depression, but I usually feel better afterwards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast