View Poll Results: "Looks are everything these days" - Agree or disagree?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

3 30.00%
  • Disagree

7 70.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Looks are everything these days"

"Looks are everything these days"

Do you agree or disagree with the statement? (No inbetweens)

I mean, in this sex-obsessed world that we currently live in, if you're not good-looking, that's you damned for your whole life.

You have to look attractive, perfect, gorgeous etc - otherwise no one is going to take you seriously.

It doesn't matter if you have the best personality in the world, or are really good with people etc - if you don't have the looks, no one will shag you and no one will take you seriously.

In fact, being a virgin is considered a disgusting and horrible trait, unfortunately.

A slutty girl is considered better than a girl with morals. Girls are expected to have nice boobs and a slim figure; men are expected to have a big cock and look "fit".

If you don't have the looks, you're treated as scum. Looks are everything these days.

... This is not my opinion, but this is the way I see the world at the moment. That's society for you in a few sentences.

Do you agree with this or not?

"This is not my opinion but how I see the world at the moment" Uhm.. Then ~ That would be your opinion.

.. no I do not agree with your opinion. My opinion is you are a whiney attention seeker who is on school break with nothing else to do with yourself. Go get a job and stop the foolishness.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Well I'm certain that everyone is attractive to someone. Though yes, looks are very important for mating - there are no two ways about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    "This is not my opinion but how I see the world at the moment" Uhm.. Then ~ That would be your opinion.
    Because I don't think looks should be everything - but it is.

Maybe not the whole world, but definitely society regarding young adults.

These days people who do one night stands and get drunk are regarded highly.

Quote Originally Posted by menace2soceity View Post
    Well I'm certain that everyone is attractive to someone. Though yes, looks are very important for mating - there are no two ways about it.
    "Mating" or sex?

In today's society, if you don't have sex, you're a pathetic unsocialable little virgin with no hope of a future...

Depressing, nevertheless true, fact.
    Last edited by academicgirl; 13-08-13 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by academicgirl View Post
    if you don't have the looks, no one will shag you and no one will take you seriously.
    are u bitter? :rolleyes:
    looks are not everyting, but often help.
    My AttitudE will B MinE 4EveR

Exactly, you're attitude to me practically proves what I'm saying. People have this assumptions that if you're a virgin, you're pathetic.

Often help = they matter over anything else.

Let's be honest here.

You know if you would go out and actually live a little colours would seem much brighter. You may say that you have nothing to do but excatly thats why notthing happening cause you are just wasting time complaining on internet. If you wana have fun then do something. Focus on summer.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Agreed

beauty pretty much guarantee's you success, unless your mental or something.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    You know if you would go out and actually live a little colours would seem much brighter. You may say that you have nothing to do but excatly thats why notthing happening cause you are just wasting time complaining on internet. If you wana have fun then do something. Focus on summer.
    I'm ugly. I have nothing better to do with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by WildOne. View Post
    Agreed

beauty pretty much guarantee's you success, unless your mental or something.
    Shameful really.

Where has the world gone to?

Looks are important, but no way near as important as you describe.

Disagree.

In this world, if you are not good-looking, you are treated as ****, to the point that you're not even considered a human being.

It's true. I'm being honest.

You have got to be kidding. You can't actually believe that. Not considered a human being?

Honey, the only pathetic thing here, is your perception of the world. Life is what you make it. Get off your ass and stop complaining. I know many ugly people who are more successful than I currently am, soooo maybe it's just you. Poor, naive child. And ps. being a virgin has nothing to do with what happens to you in the REAL world (career, people taking you seriously, etc) That all has to do with your attitude, and yours is pretty shitty, so no wonder no one takes you seriously.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

"Mating" or sex?

In today's society, if you don't have sex, you're a pathetic unsocialable little virgin with no hope of a future...

Depressing, nevertheless true, fact.
    Mating and sex are the same thing.

Every new generation acts like caring about attractiveness is a novel thing, but it's actually been prevalent for a few million years. Sexual selection means survival of the sexiest. What we find "sexy" covers other attributes such as intelligence, skills and sense of humour, but physical attractiveness is still a massive part of it.

I'm ugly. I have nothing better to do with my life.

Thats wrong. Looks like people treated you bad until you stoped believing in yourself. Actually its your thinking that locks you out of heaven. One negative thought like - Im not good enought. Is enough to ruin life.

Are you creative person? Is there something that you can do particulary well? Like unique skill or hobby?

I was reading this when realised it perfectly describes you -

loveforum.net/threads/83617-Recovering-a-Sense-of-Worth

So had to post cause theres huge lesson in it.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 13-08-13 at 05:03 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast