+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Communication

Communication

How many texts,e-mails, or phone calls have to go unanswered before giving up?
    Last edited by browncoat; 13-08-13 at 05:06 AM.

I think one million is a good number.

Quote Originally Posted by browncoat View Post
    When you are served with a restraining order is usually a good indication of when to stop, or if you want to play it safe, 1 of each.

Quote Originally Posted by browncoat View Post

Call once and text once...that's 2 forms and someone should get the message unless their number has changed or something. You know when you really like someone, when you're really feeling it? If that person calls or texts you it's like getting a present. You certainly pay attention and respond. If someone you're interested in doesn't respond after 2 times of trying to reach them...forget them.

lalalita Guest
    I agree with 2. My text messages don't always go through.

I think two texts and one email. Sometimes my messages get lost in cyberspace and I like to be confident they got through
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I think two texts and one email. Sometimes my messages get lost in cyberspace and I like to be confident they got through
    2 texts and an email is a bit much I think. If you just call someone and leave them a voicemail they should get it. Then text as a back-up to give them a heads up you left a message. You can check voicemails even if you don't have your phone on you. If you're actively dating/single you would typically have your phone on you all the time and be checking it.

I'd say a text and an email. Someone I dated last year has sent me 3 texts and 2 emails in the last 4 months, it's very annoying. Some people can't take a hint. In my case, I won't reply because it engages him to try to debate or argue with me and I just don't need that stress.