I'm in a long term relationship (about 12 years and have lived together for the majority of that time). She has had some extra stress in her life recently (work, her family, etc.) and I've wanted to help.

I'm very devoted and have recently been putting in extra effort to get even closer and help her relax (making more dinners for her, gifts, flowers, cards, notes in her car / lunch box, cleaning for her, etc. as much as I possibly can manage) I feel like overall this has been extremely well received. We had a couple issues that we recently worked through and I think we came to some good resolution on these issues.

There is still some ongoing stress due to an issue that's basically with her and her family (thought it has a serious impact on us) that I have virtually nothing I can do about other than to just support her -- for this to get resolved something is going to have to change with her family, though there are things she could do if she wanted to go against her family, but it's a really tough situation overall (she is in her 30's and it shouldn't even be an issue, but her family is controlling).

Otherwise we are doing well, communicating well, love spending time together. When she is home I've pretty much given up the computer / phone to spend time with her. We just had a nice little weekend camping trip this past weekend.

She is a wonderful, beautiful, talented, independent, strong woman and I'm very lucky to have her as a part of my life.

I just keep trying to think of other little sweet, romantic things I can do for her to make her life better.

Ideas?