+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: He doesn't wash his hands after taking a $h!t..!

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    No you are uptight and take everything I say as an insult or think there is some deeper meaning behind it. Most the men I know do not wash their hands as much as I do. It would be sexist if I said "all men are pigs" or "all men care about is sex" or "all men are cheats". Do I say or believe any of those stereotypes? NO!
    No it WAS sexist what you said, Michelle. It's not a big deal to just let it go and learn from it so that you don't keep saying things like "most men" but rather use other terms like "The men I know" or "many men." It's symantics but is riles people up when you make blanket statements about one sex or the other.

You can't base what a whole gender does the MOST of on the few men in your inner circle.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Point taken WU but when I said that I wasn't thinking in my head that 99.9% of men are this or that. If people were not so uptight and didn't take everything so literally around here then it wouldn't be a big deal. Like I said already I was trying to find a solution to OPs problem by saying that as in don't be too hard on him, just make sure he washes his hands before touching you" I wasn't trying to insult men AT ALL and it wasn't meant as an insult.

I am not sexist and I find it offensive to call me that. Maybe one of two things I said came across as sexist but I AM NOT SEXIST. I have a great deal of respect for most men and know their are a lot of good guys out there. I have said this numerous times in many of my posts since I joined this forum and have stood up for many men on here etc so what HIA said was out of order and OTT

Plus I still don't get where you get the whole "double standard" thing from HIA. I don't have double standards. There's only a few things I feel very strongly about and both apply to men and women example; I don't like cheaters (both men and women cheaters), i don't particularly like promiscuity (in both men and women) and I believe close male and female friendships do not ever work coz at least one of them will get attached (it could be him or her but to be fair it is more often than not him in this scenario) and I dont agree with using others or stringing people along (in both men and women)
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

i sometimes will forget to wash my hands after I go to the toilet, and if someone calls me on it it is EMBARRASSING, i just forget because i am in a hurry or if the bathroom is busy no sinks free i can't wait. does he always forget?
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I am not sexist and I find it offensive to call me that. Maybe one of two things I said came across as sexist but I AM NOT SEXIST.
    Then stop saying sexist things. Pretty simple, really. Easy enough even for a girl to do.

I'll take silence as a "ok, now I understand your point of view, sorry for implying you were perpetuating sexism and even though you don't think my method is helpful and you actually think it's harmful, I do realize we come from the same place". Sorry for nit-picking, it's just I don't like leaving discussions open.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Then stop saying sexist things. Pretty simple, really. Easy enough even for a girl to do.
    lol it was something I said unintentionally. I didn't mean it like that. Being sexist implies that you think one sex is better than the other which I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    i sometimes will forget to wash my hands after I go to the toilet, and if someone calls me on it it is EMBARRASSING, i just forget because i am in a hurry or if the bathroom is busy no sinks free i can't wait. does he always forget?
    He doesn't forget; he just chooses not to. He deliberately does not wash afterwards because he doesn't see the point. And when I confront him about it, he gets defensive and says I'm being ridiculous. He says I'm a clean freak. He gives me a hard time if I ask him to wash before we start messing around, because it kills the moment.
    Who you are screams so loudly I can hardly hear what you're saying!

He isn't going to change, and (perhaps more importantly) he completely dismisses a concern of yours as something that he doesn't really give a sh*t about. Are you ok with being treated like that? Are you ok with being in a relationship with a guy that will NEVER wash his hands after crapping (not on a regular basis at any rate)?

Quote Originally Posted by kbee View Post
    He doesn't forget; he just chooses not to. He deliberately does not wash afterwards because he doesn't see the point. And when I confront him about it, he gets defensive and says I'm being ridiculous. He says I'm a clean freak. He gives me a hard time if I ask him to wash before we start messing around, because it kills the moment.
    Why don't you do some research about what kinds of deseases and infections he can spread by not washing his hands. There is even a good chance that he will give himself these deseases and infections.

Rather then argue, leave the research out for him to read or, better yet, mail it to him through snail mail so that he actually opens it up. Perhaps he can even take it to the bathroom and read it next time he makes a deposit.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I always read this topic name as -
    He doesnt wash his shit after taking hands.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

eh. I broke up with him.... for more reasons than just his nasty habit.

Well I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out but I hope you didn't shake his hand before he left. O.O

Why did you guys break up? Hopefully the next will be far more hygienic

It sounds like guy became lazy in relationship. First hands went dirty. Then he stopped to wash his dick.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

he became withdrawn over time - depressed and anxious due to a job loss. Went home to IL 3 times to be with family to cope, wouldn't open up to me. Learned that he said he couldn't stand being around me anymore. So I ended it. But we're living together, and are taking our time figuring out where we will both move to (separately, of course).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345