+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texts from my girlfriend (should I run?)

Texts from my girlfriend (should I run?)

So, more and more lately, I'm beginning to think my girlfriend is an absolutely insane control freak. Check out a few of these texts she sent me..

"My dad woke me up this morning, after I grumbled at him, he came back 15 minutes later so I yelled at him. I thought I trained him to be less controlling than he used to be.. I've told him hundreds of times not to wake me up for any reason, i can get myself up. I'm not usually late and it's my own responsibility if I ever am. I hate being woken up more than anything. It's like a bad start to my day."

It wasn't even 10am when I got this.. It's only gonna get worse..

My girlfriend sends me texts like this ALL the time. I can't tell if she's batshit insane, or if I'm the asshole boyfriend she tells me I am when I tell her to stop whining and deal with it. Some of the stuff she sends me I'd expect from a spoiled 15-17 year old girl.

What's your take?

Well from that one text I can't see your opinion lol, that text sounds like something I would say, I love my sleep and hate when people wake me unnecessarily. Any other examples that might help us see your side?
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    Well from that one text I can't see your opinion lol, that text sounds like something I would say, I love my sleep and hate when people wake me unnecessarily. Any other examples that might help us see your side?
    The fact that she mentioned "training" her father disgusted me.. Maybe I'm just up tight.

She could have meant that in a joking way. I talk about having my bf trained all the time. I'm not serious obviously lol.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Complaining is a huge pet peeve of mine. Telling her to deal with it is the best way to handle it, and if she bitches too much then just end it.

lol now I know why your single ^^ you really are an asshole. So if your gf broke her leg-shes not allowed to say "ow" or if she had a shitty day at work shes not allowed to say "my boss is a cunt" your a narcissistic prick backup
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I broke my ****ing spine and didn't complain about it. That was not the point though. I'm talking about someone who whines and bitches about how much they hate their job every day or is just constantly complaining in general. If she feels the need to text him that her dad woke her up and shes mad, it makes me think she probably bitches about things frequently. I have dated a few, including my most recent g/f who I was with for over a year, and it gets really annoying. So yes, that was one of the things that contributed to me ending it. I like to date people who are happy and content with their life, as I am.

Being single has been okay though...I've managed to find comfort elsewhere

Of course..I'm a narcissist. Thanks doc, anything else I should be aware of?

Well, my girlfriend also harasses my friends and says horrible irrational things to them when I hangout with them. She threatened to ruin me the other day if I ever cheated on her (which I wouldn't and there has been no reason at all to be suspicious). A friend of mine posted a photo on facebook the other day, and she started yelling at me because a distant female friend "liked" it. I don't even have this girl's phone number, let alone communicate with her unless I run into her at a social setting where we have mutual friends. It's exhausting.

She definitely sounds like she has some major issues. Jealousy, insecurities, the need to control. Get out, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    I broke my ****ing spine and didn't complain about it. That was not the point though. I'm talking about someone who whines and bitches about how much they hate their job every day or is just constantly complaining in general. If she feels the need to text him that her dad woke her up and shes mad, it makes me think she probably bitches about things frequently. I have dated a few, including my most recent g/f who I was with for over a year, and it gets really annoying. So yes, that was one of the things that contributed to me ending it. I like to date people who are happy and content with their life, as I am.

Being single has been okay though...I've managed to find comfort elsewhere

Of course..I'm a narcissist. Thanks doc, anything else I should be aware of?

I don't understand why people think there's some personality issue with an individual just because they are "single".. I was single for a long time too, but I also got along swimmingly with diverse groups of people no problem. I just hadn't found a woman I really cared to date exclusively. Or maybe I wasn't in the mindset for it, I'm not sure.

NPD is also outdated with current DSM standards. Big pharm will throw any "disease" at you to make you feel insecure enough to buy their product.

Quote Originally Posted by afroman View Post
    The fact that she mentioned "training" her father disgusted me.. Maybe I'm just up tight.
    I don't even know your girlfriend, but that was obviously a joke.

She sounds like she could turn into a psycho if one little thing goes wrong. Who needs that drama.

After the further info you provided OP-yes dump her
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymously_ View Post
    I don't even know your girlfriend, but that was obviously a joke.
    I don't think so, she can be a real control freak. She treats her parents like nothing more than warm bodies around her home. They just get in her way, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by afroman View Post
    I don't think so, she can be a real control freak. She treats her parents like nothing more than warm bodies around her home. They just get in her way, nothing more.
    If she's that much of a bitch, why are you with her lol?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast