+ Follow This Topic

Thread: American teens wear too much makeup?

American teens wear too much makeup?

I've noticed all these teenagers walk around with layers and layers of makeup on their skin. Foundation, heavy eyeliner, mascara, powder, eyeshadow. etc. you name it.
    and all this put on every single day. Just for school! I mean, parties, special occasions, sure makeup is fine.. but EVERY single day?
    Don't they know makeup is horrible for your skin's health? Particularly, It's American teens that tend to wear more makeup than other countries. I've been to Denmark, France, South Korea, and my country I've noticed that the teens over there don't really wear much makeup except for the occasional dab of eyeliner and minimal foundation.
    What do you think?

My sister is 20 and wears enough foundation to sink a small ship (has done so since she was 16). She's literally unrecognizable before make-up/after make-up. Saddest part is, she looks better without it. Once she's done, she looks like a 35 year old hooker. But somehow that's attractive to her/her friends.

I think at 15 years of age its the top. Then they start to use less make up and rely more on natural beauty. Maybe you live in big city so its more metropolis looks then where you been before.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

So how do you know so much about Americans? I didn't really start wearing make up until I was a senior in high school, but I grew up in the boonies so I don't know if that had something to do with it. I wear make up every day to work. That's actually a big part of my job so I kind of have to. The only thing that bothers me is when people don't know how to wear make up correctly, but again, that's part of my job. Other than I don't know why people care so much about how much make up one chooses to wear. Why do you care?
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.” ― Mark Twain

Here in Australia, wearing too much makeup is the hallmark of a teenage skank. They look like pandas with all that eyeliner.

Thankfully, they are in the minority.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.