+ Follow This Topic

Thread: mum not talking to me and giving me silent treatments when i said sorry?

mum not talking to me and giving me silent treatments when i said sorry?

My mum came into my room last night, i had a headache and i was so tired n she walked in takin the mic out of the film i was watchin n she wouldnt be quiet after she saw me take paracetamol for a headache. i told her to "shut up" but not meaning in a nasty way, just in a way she says it to me sometimes. now shes takin that the wrong way. she then went to bed n i had my door open n she shouted "ur turning into a right b**** u are!" so i shut my door, turned off my film n went to sleep ignorin her.

i woke up this morning n i went to get my breakfast n sat down in the livin room watchin the tv when mum was on the other chair. after about 50 mins of lookin at her i said to her 'are we going to keep doin this? the silent treatment?' she replied 'It doesnt bother me, u hurt my feelings last night'. but she does it to me all the time, my dad is always letting me down too. So then i went upstairs got back down when i saw my friends coming and walked out the door without her seeing me. i just haven't stopped thinking about it all day. i still dont feel to good n this has only made it worse. i can't stop worrying. i was walkin home not too long ago and i didn't want to come back. i still wish i hadn't. i walked through the door n got no reply. So im here asking this question.

I told her sorry this morning and i really meant it and she said 'no its not bloody good enough' but what else is there to do? she says it to me? or is it just me in general? can she not stick me? does she hate me? there have also been little arguments between us like mother n teenage daughter. but the thing is, shes so rude all the while. she has no manners what so ever, where as i do and im a bit more serious. she's always setting people off into moods n she never listens to me. i really want us to make up but what is good enough then sorry?
    My AttitudE will B MinE 4EveR

You ingnored her and now shes ignoring you. Relax. Be the first one who talks. You see your mum have way too many kids than she can manage so not always she have nerves to be polite, she just want teamwork from you. But not ignoring and saying "shut up"(imagine if you wanted something from your barbie doll and she told you to shut up) if she love you a lot it hurts a lot to hear it. Yes she said b****(what does it mean?) to you, but then again its truth. In a thought way ofcourse. She gave you some thought love. And advice too. And now even in this silence there is great advice in itself. Now you have the time to listen in it and understand.

Maybe you shold find a boyfriend and then you will want to become better person and your mum could give you advice about guys. Actually she could teach you now. Just ask her money for condoms (cause you dont wana get pregrant if she asks) and that should break the silence.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

OP- the relationship between teenage girls and their mums is always difficult. As a teenager you want to be grown up, independent and still the child when you need it. I know I did and it's a mess. Mums of teenage girls struggle to see their little girl growing up and needing them less and also slightly resent them for their youth and having their future ahead of them. It's a collision course and not easy to negotiate. You have taken responsibility for the words that you said, and it's your mum's place to take responsibility for being the bigger person. She may be hiding her hurt by not talking to you, it's not fair and it doesn't make it right but that's what some people do. Don't take it to heart, this will pass and it may be replaced by at a point by more harsh words. That too will pass.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know what the history is between you and your mother, but I do know that saying you are sorry doesn't mean a lot if the behavior doesn't change.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?