+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am i right to "dream" about her?

Am i right to "dream" about her?

So im asking this in the female forum because i want some female input in this. For those that know my track history btw, i think im going to get some professional help soon towards my social anxiety as i think i can accept that i am introverted, but my anxiety in most cases i speak with people i dont know is something i dont want. My goal i feel is to feel relaxed when relating with others without necessarily eliminating my more reserved nature...

Well so this is the story...
    (ive told part of it before)

Years ago i went to my native country, my cousin showed me pictures of her all girl classes, in them there was this girl i tagged as the prettiest girl id seen in her pictures, as it turns out my cousin and the girl were friends and for a reason i wont bother stating, my cousin's mother went to visit that girl's house and i went too, in hopes of seeing the girl just to get a glimpse of her as i did get attracted of her by the picture, but when i went there she was no where to be found.

Well about 3 years later this girl sent me a friend invite in facebook, i accepted her and just sent her a message saying "hi" because i didnt quite remember or know who this girl was. Well i liked one of her pics a few days after, and after that she told me " your surely asking your self who is she? one time you came with your aunt to my house bla bla bla bla bla", considering this, i assume my cousin told her i thought she was pretty and she friended me for whatever reason, just to be friendly, point is that she friended me despite never meeting me, meaning that surely my cousin told her i found her attractive, and for whatever reason she friended me.

Well this was like 5-6 months ago. In that time she and i have talked LOTS on Facebook, she lives in my native country but goes to study to europe sometimes due to scholarships, well considering she has such a nice personality, we have talked ALOT and i can say we have had a pleasure talking to each other, we have much in common, we are both the smart people in our families who are actually going to university, we are interested in the same cultures, and speak in languages we our selves like, shes even a fan of football such as i, point being that she is like perfect for me, someone id like to ask out on a date, and we have always had a WONDERFUL time talking to each other.

Well as it turns out yesterday i just returned from a 2 week visit to my native country and i was going with hopes of seeing her, and maybe say hi and have a nice convsersation, i didnt tell her i was going until i arrived and as it turns out, she was living far now due to school matters and would only visit her parent's house which is close to where i live, occasionally, and she told me that i could visit her, long story short, there were complications, she could only go for that one weekend and i was unable to go, i asked her if she could come to where i was but she told me that she was a bit shy of going where i was and was not sure she could go, long story short i couldnt see her as she was busy, i was busy, and when we could have done it, shyness and some other things apparently blocked us.

Well now that i came back i tried to send her a message saying too bad we couldnt see each other and that maybe "next time" i could see her, and i described her as stunning, interesting, smart, and awesome in the message, and today all she said was thanks and something else..

so now that ive told this story, basically we have talked with each other a bit cordially but in a fun way, but have never gotten to meet each other, nor have we really ever flirted, my question is, as a female, do u think it is right for me to get a bit melodramatic about this?

I think im "in love" with the idea of maybe going out on a date with her, but she lives in another country, sometimes she goes to europe, and i only visit my native country once yearly, maybe twice if a miracle occurs, and in the messages she sent me when i was in the native country she was cordial and not too emotional in her messages just as i was, so i cant read anything either, cant really "read" her emotions..

Is it "right" for me to dream about a girl i find to be stunning, gorgeous, perfect, so interesting, but lives in another country, and who i dont even know what she feels?

I like her and i feel so much ive thought of her may be for nothing...I even feel ive put my self out a bit trying to hint that i do like her but she has always just been nice and cordial, she and i have communicated in almost the same way with the difference that i have complimented her sometimes...

Maybe its best for me to just see her as a friend as i had done so indeed up until 3 weeks ago when the idea of maybe doing something nice in my trip came, but in the end here i am left with nothing and in limbo, shame.
    Last edited by whatname; 16-08-13 at 01:05 AM.

And yes i do have a bit of social anxiety but i feel i could have fun with her, and my dream is to take a year to maybe get some counseling or help to be a bit more outgoing, and in a year go again to my native country, and invite her to a movie or something and reveal that i feel special for her or something, this is what i mean by dream...even my cousins when i went there were telling me (jokingly) to take flowers to her and tell her to blow me a kiss etc, i dont want this story of mine to end.

She is so perfect, when i think of her i go full retard (lol) and start having spasms as i think of the beauty that i see in her...my dream was to have a nice date with her, and i left with nothing, i really do feel down when i think about it. She even sent hello to me via a family friend the other day meaning shes been thinking atleast in a friendly way...i feel like id rather die trying that not try, but i felt so help less as i couldnt see her...GRRRRRRRRR
    Last edited by whatname; 16-08-13 at 01:13 AM.

Stop plunking all your feelings into something that isn't going to happen...that's right it's not going to happen. Even if you meet her chances of having a relationship are nil. Invest your time seeking out a girl that lives close to you, or goes to school with you. You will have a more realisic chance of having a proper relationship than what you are doing now...fantasizing over photos of a girl who you have never met. The reason why you are in this pickle right now is because of your limitations caused by your anxiety. It is preventing you from having a normal life. Make that your priority, and not this makin over this girl.

I agree with the part about the pickle, but i'd bet you many people without the exact problems may find them selves in the same kind of pickle.

I should make different things priority but sometimes i get passionate and like to think "you only live once", meaning that i wont let this deal consume me but when i do go over there and if shes there i personally will none the less want to take her out on some sort of a date, you could very well be right that no relationship will happen but i think i want to try something.

Its weird because the first time i ever saw her on that one picture she struck me, but u r right, i have to make other things my priority.

I think you should cut all contact with her. Your wasting time falling in love with a fantasy. Your kinda deluded about this girl. She lives in another country and youve never met. You should be focused on meeting a local girl.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".