+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful but can't get a boyfriend

Beautiful but can't get a boyfriend

I know this is going to sound arrogant, but I know that I am good looking - I get told I'm really hot by every guy I meet. At clubs and bars and things, I could easily pick up any guy I wanted and my friends are jealous of the amount of male attention I receive whenever we go out. I can see people looking at me on the street and things like that so I realise that I am aesthetically pleasing.

However, I am so lonely. People only see me for one thing. People who like me for my personality are just my friends and I think guys find it hard to see past my looks. I feel depressed every day because there have been so many times when guys just want to see me "casually" or whenever I see them they can't keep their hands off me. I'm not easy and I don't put out all the time... but it seems like people give up on me unless it's for something physical and I feel so alone. I've always wanted a nice boyfriend but I can't seem to get one and I'm 19 years old now.

Pics or GTFO.

I know you say you don't put out easily, but what does that mean? How long have you normally wait when hanging out with someone before you sleep or fool around with them? And bars and clubs aren't always the best place to meet someone you wanna date, either. Not that it doesn't happen, but you tend to give off a certain look and attitude when you're in a club, especially if you're dressed sexy. I understand how you feel, I also recognize that I am a pretty girl, and I went 2 years single and got pretty lonely near the end of it.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

You're not alone honey. There are plenty of women out there who feel just like you. Don't ever accept this as the norm. There is a guy somewhere out there who will value you for more than your looks, flaws and all. Those are the ones worth holding out for. Enjoy the time you have now to enjoy your friends, learn about yourself and grow.

No decent man would ever invest his time in a pretentious dog like you.
    You are going to be like those typical old women in their forties complaining why there are single
    My Life Through Lyrics

Do you have any qualities that would make a man attracted to more than just your body?

Do you talk a lot or just expect guys to do the talking? What is your hobbies and passions(shopping is a turnoff)? Do you wear a lot of makeup? Do are you relying on your natural looks too?

Do you aproach guys that you like or just expect right guy to pick you up? What is your ideal boyfriend? Once you know excatly what type of guy you want, unconciously you will start attract those kind of guys.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

And meanwhile we have girls on the board who are so ugly they can't get a boyfriend. So thankful that I'm average.

Howeedoooo, do you always look your best when you go out? Makeup and hair done? Flattering clothes? I'm wondering if you are accentuating your appearance to a point where it's the only thing people notice.

Have you tried going out with no make up, natural hair and average clothes? If you can underplay your looks, perhaps people will look further to your personality.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I went out with a good looking girl who wore next to no make-up and she wasn't afraid to just burst into a full on sprint to race with me on a night out in the middle of town. She was a naturally beautiful woman.

I think for a proper relationship, most mature men would prefer a natural woman like that over a show pony.

Do you make lots of effort on your appearance every day? If so maybe you come across as too uptight and just need to go out in regular clothes to allow your personality to show through.

Oh come on. You don't realise how lucky you are to be "beautiful". Quit complaining.

Just get to know guys as friends firstly, and don't think of them as anymore. This will give you a chance to build relationships with guys based on your personality. Surely they'll find you attractive so at some point, if you want to take things further into a proper relationship, they won't see you as just a pretty face.

I've never had this issue. I'm sitting here like WTF. People comment on my looks a lot and tell me I'm stunning but it goes over my head. Its a nice compliment but I am down to earth and I just be myself all the time. I have never felt used or had any guy ask me for something "casual". Back when I was dating, I had no problem meeting guys to go to the cinema and wear a tracksuit, tie my hair up etc and most wanted a proper relationship with me. A lot of them just were not my type. Plus I don't have sex with anyone until it is fully exclusive and committed and until I am sure I trust him.

Be yourself hun. If you dress up like a barbie doll all the time then that would make you look superficial and as if you use your looks to get you what you want so don't do that. I went to the circus last night with my bf and just wore a tracksuit. If we were going for a meal Id get dolled up. I prefer to look natural. If your naturally pretty then you don't need to make too much effort on a day to day basis. And I am a pj addict. I love wearing my pjs around the house or just a t-shirt etc I think my bf likes that I am so laid back with him
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

If you are ugly its great because if people listens to you you actualy know that they care about you. Wether OP have this proplem that she dodnt know if guys just wana bang her or are truly attracted to her.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

We can do a proper assessment if you post a picture.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

I have plenty of friends and have had many guy friends in the past who I have really got on well with, but they have always tried to make a pass at me and ruined the friendship in the end. It's like a lose-lose situation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast