+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beautiful but can't get a boyfriend

my advice:
    1. any time someone asks you on a date, before saying yes, first tell them that you have had trouble in the past with guys only liking you for physical reasons. say that because of this, you take things very slow and do not get physical until you've been dating for at least 10 dates and at least two months (or you can change the amount of dates and time if you want). then give them a chance to back out. this will weed out the bad ones.
    2. do internet dating. use the least attractive picture of you for your profile, or no picture at all. on ok cupid the profiles are usually quite detailed and you can get a good idea about someone's personality before even sending a message. chat online for a while first, this way you can fine a nice guy before he even knows you're so good looking.
    Last edited by perth; 17-08-13 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by academicgirl View Post
    Oh come on. You don't realise how lucky you are to be "beautiful". Quit complaining.
    *snerk*

You're not exactly eye-bleed inducing.

OP: If you want to attract a guy for a serious relationship, a club or bar isn't really the best place to do so. What you get in those places is exactly what you're getting.

To be honest the title of your thread kind of speaks for itself. If you call yourself ''beautiful'' then you obviously have quite a high opinion of yourself. Its fine to say that you think your good looking or whatever if your confident.. but i think that calling yourself beautiful is a tad arrogant. I think that side is probably what's letting you down. You may be pretty or ''beautiful'' but personality is what makes guys want a relationship, not looks. It might also be that you clearly know your good looking which can sometimes come off as intimidating to guys and makes them reluctant to speak to you incase you reject them.

Your only 19 though and youve got your hole life ahead of you to get a boyfriend! Have fun for now and let your true personality shine through without relying/thinking about your looks and you'll get a boyfriend naturally.. Thats my advice anyways xx

Quote Originally Posted by academicgirl View Post
    Oh come on. You don't realise how lucky you are to be "beautiful". Quit complaining.
    LOL

Modesty is attractive, i don't know any of my attractive friends who would tell me or anyone else ' i am beautiful ' that looks like full of yourself and can't see past yourself. and most guys won't date a girl like date, maybe have sex with her and dump her. it's the sad truth, sorry.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

You are still only relatively young. I know that probably doesn't offer you a huge amount of help but the worst thing you can do would be to get desperate.

Forget being beautiful, I want to be 19 again.

Anyways, look everyone has problems and noone is immune to them. However, you are not going to get a lot of sympathy saying you are lonely and the reason is because you are too beautiful. It's like someone saying I feel lonely because I am so rich and can't tell if my friends are just friends because I have all this money. The problem isn't that you are rich, it is because you are not good at picking good friends over bad friends. The problem only becomes a serious issue because you have a lot people wanting to be your friends which makes your weakness glaring obvious.

I don't believe you honestly think that the real problem is that you are too beautiful. If it is such a crutch I'm sure you can make yourself ugly, or just wait and age will help you. Anyways, you are obviously insecure about yourself for some reason, you could easily of posted hey I seem to having a problem finding a boyfriend and ask for help. I doubt the board would have come to the conclusion that you are just too beautiful. If you are obviously wanting help you have to come into it with the idea that you are going to have to work on something about yourself, no one on the board is going to be able to help if your real problem is that you too beautiful. Good luck...
    Last edited by okwhat2013; 20-08-13 at 03:49 AM.

You sound exactly like my cousin.
    She is pretty but not half as good looking as SHE thinks she is. She also dresses and acts like a tart. She posts pictures of herself in her underwear on Facebook and gets a hell of a lot of male attention, but it's all the wrong kind of attention. She has the biggest ego ever and lets the comments on her half naked pictures go to her head.
    She has never had a proper boyfriend either, but she is always going after other girls boyfriends. To sum it up, she's attractive but has an awful personality.
    Maybe you should sit and think about your personality and the way you act/dress or whatever. If you sound nothing like my cousin then maybe your looks scares guys off because they don't think they have a chance. Try and be friends with them first and let your personality shine through.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123