+ Follow This Topic

Thread: One night stands

One night stands

I've always had the outlook on these that they're not for me, I don't know why but it just seems like a bit like a prostitute without the money involved and having no self respect for yourself especially if you've just met them and straight away do it

Because of this I've never done it before and well tbh I'm starting to consider it as I can kinda see the thrill some people may get from doing it with my best chance probably being a festival coming up soon

so basically to anyone who's done it, will I regret it?

Only you can know if you'll regret it. I've had 1 that I regret, and a couple that I don't. I've had great chemistry with someone, and just didn't have any interest in a relationship.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

My husband started as a one night stand. That was 21 years ago and we're still very happy together.....so, no I can't say I have any regrets
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

*cough* attention whore *cough*
    My AttitudE will B MinE 4EveR

Quote Originally Posted by TeEnAgEdIrTbAg View Post
    *cough* attention whore *cough*

I have had 4 literal one night stands and honestly they're the worst sex I've had, I think I was drunk for all of them.
    I just came away feeling unsatisfied and a little regretful the next day.

Of course by definition a one night stand is probably another term for bad sex. If it was good then it will most likely turn tint a multiple night stand!
    Last edited by j-white; 16-08-13 at 07:42 PM.

I had one. It was kinda a one night stand although we dated for a week or two after. It was the worst experience of my life. I didnt trust him and felt awkward and uncomfortable
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

If you don't have enough self awareness to know whether or not you would regret it then you probably shouldn't do it. Nobody can answer "will I regret it?" for you.

I know I'm a guy but if it helps I have never actually regretted a ONS. Worst thing I've ever said about one was "well, that wasn't as fun as it could have been but oh well". One major reason for this is due to the fact that I don't view sex and the people I've had sex with as something that defines who I am. I also don't associate any taboo whatsoever with sex, it's kind of just something I do. I basically view having sex the same way that I view eating food.

That said, there are a lot of people who look at "who have I slept with?" and/or "how many have I slept with?" as make me or break me aspects of their life. These are the people who don't need to be having one nighters.

Btw OP do you agree with slut shaming? Because that's exactly what you're doing when you imply that one nighters are for women who have no self-esteem.