+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice needed please:

advice needed please:

Hey guys. I am writing a resignation letter but I have never written one before. Could you give me some guidance please. Here is what I came up with

Dear

I am writing to hand in my notice. I will be leaving the 31st August as I have been offered a job. Could I get my p45 with my payslip this month as well as any holiday money owed to me with my final pay.

Thank you for my employment with this company. I wish the company future success and growth

Yours Sincerely

Michelle
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

This looks good actually. Its wierd that you asking for holiday money when leaving. I ussualy take holdays out before so its safe that they will pay it. But it you want it write in letter then add excat paid holday days you have so it looks more solid.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I have 2weeks booked off in september. I was planning to take holidays then but now im leaving so i will be taking 7days off with the new company as i have a holiday booked in spain. Im not sure how many they owe me but its at least 14days.

I once left agency in England and kinda booked 2 weeks holidays but someone told them that im not coming back and I recieved payslip with 14 days in it and 0£ cause of "taxes" as they later told me. So its been lesson for me.

They screwed you. You should have hounded them until you got what was rightfully yours. I wouldn't let it slide. If they try to screw me there will be war coz I have worked here for 3 years and I have been a great employee and I feel I deserve more respect than that. I will take them to a tribunal or court if they mess me about. I am so sick of this company and I am really angry and I wont take any more s**t from them.

they got back to me about my complaint yesterday and basically said they are not gonna do anything about it so screw them

Wow you sound realy fed up with them already. I can see why you so happy to leave lol.

I am really unhappy here. The thought of another two weeks is driving me mad. I wish I could just walk out now and not look back but I cant as they owe me money so I have to do things the right way. This job is so awful and so is this company. I hope they hire someone new. At least that way I will spend my final week training a new employee so the time may pass a little faster but its so quite here they may decide to close it when I leave. I need to find a way to entertain myself so the days pass a bit faster. I am counting them down haha.

I was saying yesterday that it is better to leave on good terms encase I am ever stuck and can come back and ask for work but that is insane lol. I am never coming back here! The company is a paranoid schizophrenic. Watching us all day on camera, checking the phone bills to see if the staff communicate, always secretive about every little thing and the managing director is a dictator who hides in his fancy office and orders the area managers to treat us like dirt! Screw these assholes. I cant wait to get out

Its weird though. Im leaving, I should be really really happy but right now I just feel irritated, bitter and angry and I am still anxious about the complaint I made which is stupid. I wont relax until my last day

Actually now you can start having fun. Work like you dont need money - thats the saying. I remember when when I knew Im leaving parcel company I raped vending machines for free chocolade like 3 times and got warning from supervisor 3 times too. I singed sad lovesong while working but they still wanted me to work next day. I remember in last week in tesco I took 20kg box of bananas to home althought it was against the rules but no one even said anything only they started to watch me after that day. Feeling that you leave somehow gives courage to do outrageous things so its always cool to have fun cause theres nothing to lose anyway.

haha i wont do anything crazy. I still need a reference. I am so happy now though. I was just talking to the girl that I will be working with and my new job sounds so amazing. I will have so much responsibility and it will be very challenging which is what I want. I'm going to be running fashion shows and managing models occasionally and even be modelling a bit myself as well as over all responsibility for the store. And I will get involved in the company website too. I've so much to learn and I am so excited. It sounds great. Plus I get a huge employee discount, I can go in each morning and pick my outfit for the day and they even have a sick pay scheme (not that I'll need it hopefully-I never call in sick but its so nice that they look after their employees). This is the best thing to happen in my life for a long time. I am really happy. my granddad died two months ago and I made a wish on his wedding ring to help me get a new job and now I have one! Ahhh jumping up and down haha

michelle have u ever thought about going 2 uni?
    My AttitudE will B MinE 4EveR

Notice letters need to be short, to the point, and need to contain only your last day of employment, the current day, a signature, and that is it. The rest is fluff. Here, I'll write one off the top of my head.

"Dear Employer,

This letter is to inform you that I have opted to end my employment with (insert company name), effectively on (last day of work). I have decided to pursue a future outside this line of work and am grateful for the opportunity provided by this company. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for these (length of service) of employment, and I won't forget my time here. I wish the company all the best.

Signed,
    Your Name
    Current date"

Also, I've found it is best to never use a previous employer as a reference (especially yours based on previous posts), but just some friends who can claim they work there instead. You never know what employers who have a bad taste about you might say or imply. Legal or not, I know some people who have given some pretty shitty references out of spite.
    Last edited by Cerby; 18-08-13 at 12:38 AM.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Teen. Yes its all i wanted for a long time but for financial reasons it aint gonna happen so ive decided to climb the ladder with experience and educate myself along the way.

Cerby: thanks

but what if they refuse to give me my money this month? Ill be taxed crazy on it if they wont give it to me till next month. And right now my HR manager is on holidays so im worried theyl use that as an excuse to delay it