+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ladies is a guy who seems too good to be true a turnoff?

Guy I think women are bored and want something out of the frame. So guy who have the courage to live his unique reality without society frames could be more interesting than always nice guy.

Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Being "Perfect for me" is a compliment - but being "too perfect" is not a compliment. And being told that you'd be intimidating is an insult. Even those who are very successful in love and life can still be warm and welcoming to others.

In the last quote, note that she didn't say that you were the gold standard in HER eyes? It's because she doesn't think you're that special. She's not intimidated - and she knows she's good enough for anyone who takes her interest. She is simply letting you down easy with something similar to the line "It's not you, it's me". Which really means "I'm not interested in you but I don't want to hurt you by telling you the real reasons"

And for the record, when a girl tells you "I'm not good enough for you" it translates to something similar to "you really ought to go find someone else because I can't be bothered being what you want me to be"
    This exactly.

I've never said any of those things to a man who I was interested in and actually impressed with. Those things are sly remarks when a woman is annoyed by you.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Being "Perfect for me" is a compliment - but being "too perfect" is not a compliment. And being told that you'd be intimidating is an insult. Even those who are very successful in love and life can still be warm and welcoming to others.

In the last quote, note that she didn't say that you were the gold standard in HER eyes? It's because she doesn't think you're that special. She's not intimidated - and she knows she's good enough for anyone who takes her interest. She is simply letting you down easy with something similar to the line "It's not you, it's me". Which really means "I'm not interested in you but I don't want to hurt you by telling you the real reasons"

And for the record, when a girl tells you "I'm not good enough for you" it translates to something similar to "you really ought to go find someone else because I can't be bothered being what you want me to be"
    Being too perfect is definitely a compliment. Who wouldn't want to be perfect? It means you've mastered something, you're really good at it, how can that be a bad thing?

Oh you took intimidating the wrong way, I'm not intimidating meaning being mean or violent, here's an example. It would be me like trying to play one on one against Kobe or Lebron. I would feel intimidated and wouldn't even try. It's that type of intimidating, you're not on the same level.

Being a gold standard is special. Gold is highly sought after and it's rare. It's a good thing to find and very special if you do.

Man those girls dont deserve you. You have to find one than wont thing that you are too perfect but excatly what she deserves. Maybe you should call them bitches sometimes so they wont run away from your perfection.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by actualgoodguy View Post
    Being too perfect is definitely a compliment. Who wouldn't want to be perfect? It means you've mastered something, you're really good at it, how can that be a bad thing?
    If they told you "you are perfect for me" it would be a good thing. But they told you that "you are too perfect". This means you come off as somewhat fake and "inhuman" in the sense that no human is actually perfect. I wouldn't want to be with a guy that I consider to be "too perfect" - if I told that to someone, I wouldn't mean it in a good way. I would want to be with (and am with, but that's not the point) someone that is perfect for me.

It would be me like trying to play one on one against Kobe or Lebron. I would feel intimidated and wouldn't even try. It's that type of intimidating, you're not on the same level.
    Again, I wouldn't want to be with a guy I felt intimidated by (in whichever sense). I like to feel comfortable and free to be myself without feeling inferior in any way, when I'm with my boyfriend.

Being a gold standard is special. Gold is highly sought after and it's rare. It's a good thing to find and very special if you do.
    Yet, she told you that you would be considered a gold standard by most people. "By most people" means NOT by her. It was just a way of saying that you are not her type.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Guy I think women are bored and want something out of the frame. So guy who have the courage to live his unique reality without society frames could be more interesting than always nice guy.

First off, she is smokin hot, thanks pcmaster

Yeah that guy she talked about sounds exactly like me, has everything going for him and can't get someone, at least I'm not alone lol

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Man those girls dont deserve you. You have to find one than wont thing that you are too perfect but excatly what she deserves. Maybe you should call them bitches sometimes so they wont run away from your perfection.
    Thanks man, I know I just have to be patient I guess, but I'm not going to purposely become less of a person just so I can get a girl. I'd rather be perfect and liked by 1 girl, than be average and liked by 100 girls.

I like running, biking, hiking, being outdoors, doing stuff around the house (gardening, painting the house, working on my car), I've been to almost every US state, love traveling, exploring new places.

Not sure what clean cut means, she just told me that. I don't drink because what's the need, it's just a beverage, what's the difference if it's water, juice, soda, or alcohol? And it's not like it's healthy, so I'd rather just have something that's healthier.

I'd say I'm doing pretty well for my age. I'm 24 have a degree in engineering, good job, over $300,000 to my name. I'm always polite and understanding to people I meet. I just try to do the best and most right thing in every situation of my life. I'm not boring, I love keeping things light and making people laugh, but I know when to be serious.
    The only thing I could suggest is to make sure you are finding someone with the same interests as you. By everything you just mentioned, I can tell you are not my type. I can tell that you are a good guy, but I prefer someone who likes to have a good time, and let loose every once in a while, and yes I mean by having a few drinks and wanting to party every now and again. The reason I want someone who likes to party every once in a while is because I do too. Obviously I won't be partying every weekend until I'm old and gray, but I can definitely see myself always having beer in my fridge, and getting drunk on my birthday (yes, even my 50th) and going out for girl's nights once a month or so, while dad stays at home with the kids. These qualities are probably not appealing to you, which is understable, but you need to make sure you're finding people with things in common with you, and people who have similar interests in mind.

The fact that you are polite and understanding and try to do the right thing, is great, but it needs to be paired with other things that people can relate to!
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Yikes, I guess I'm talking to the wrong women than, didn't know you're that type of woman, you a biker chick?
    No I'm a car chick actually. I can work on cars, swing a hammer and look hot in a dress wear'n sexy heels. No biker chick here...I don't do tattoos, piercings, motorcycles or leather.

Yes, they may radiate confidence, but most are "bad" because they don't have enough "good" going for them. You don't have to try as hard to be bad as you do to be good. It's the easier way out. So although they may "appear" to be confident, it's only on the outside, inside it's a different story. The truly confident ones are confident because they truly know they're better than most. They don't need to give off an "image" to try to validate they're confidence. They're themselves, and that's enough if you're truly a confident person.
    I'm not saying anything about the fact that they are "bad" I'm just saying, many girls fall for them because of their confidence. It usually never lasts because of who hey actually are, but regardless of the fact that they can't KEEP women, they still GET women because they are confident, and everyone knows it!
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post

Again, I wouldn't want to be with a guy I felt intimidated by (in whichever sense). I like to feel comfortable and free to be myself without feeling inferior in any way, when I'm with my boyfriend.

Exactly, so you wouldn't want a guy who has a lot more going for him than you? Why not, cause it makes you feel inferior?

Exactly, so you wouldn't want a guy who has a lot more going for him than you? Why not, cause it makes you feel inferior?
    No. I would want a guy whom I feel is my equal and whom I am neither intimidated nor bored by. An equal, a partner. If I don't feel comfortable with a guy, why would I ever want to start a relationship with him - or even just have sex with him? A prerequisite for good sex is good communication and you can't have good communication and intimacy unless you feel comfortable with one another. If I felt uncomfortable with a guy I wouldn't be able to enjoy sex with him, nor anything else.

BTW, that PUA bullshit is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I can work on cars, swing a hammer and look hot in a dress wear'n sexy heels.
    That's hot. A woman who can do guy things and be girly.

lalalita Guest

Oh you took intimidating the wrong way, I'm not intimidating meaning being mean or violent, here's an example. It would be me like trying to play one on one against Kobe or Lebron. I would feel intimidated and wouldn't even try. It's that type of intimidating, you're not on the same level.

Wow. If you come across this full of yourself in person it's blaringly clear why woman don't respond well.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    The only thing I could suggest is to make sure you are finding someone with the same interests as you. By everything you just mentioned, I can tell you are not my type. I can tell that you are a good guy, but I prefer someone who likes to have a good time, and let loose every once in a while, and yes I mean by having a few drinks and wanting to party every now and again. The reason I want someone who likes to party every once in a while is because I do too. Obviously I won't be partying every weekend until I'm old and gray, but I can definitely see myself always having beer in my fridge, and getting drunk on my birthday (yes, even my 50th) and going out for girl's nights once a month or so, while dad stays at home with the kids. These qualities are probably not appealing to you, which is understable, but you need to make sure you're finding people with things in common with you, and people who have similar interests in mind.

The fact that you are polite and understanding and try to do the right thing, is great, but it needs to be paired with other things that people can relate to!
    Oh, I'll go to a party, be social, have a good time, I just won't drink. Why does it matter whether the liquid in my cup is beer or soda?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast