+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies is a guy who seems too good to be true a turnoff?

Ladies is a guy who seems too good to be true a turnoff?

I've been told by the last two girls I've dated that I was "too perfect" and "too clean cut". They were turned off by this and I can't figure out why. Ladies is a guy who seems to do everything right and has is act together a turnoff, or are they intimidated or something else? I mean I date girls in their early 20s, sort of a rocky point in most people's lives. The last girl told me I was too good to be true, being a 24 year old and having my life so together, but again she didn't want to date me. The last girl literally said I was too clean cut and that she liked that about me but we were too different. So why is having qualities like this at a young age a turnoff to these girls?

What is the definition of "clean cut" exactly?

If a girl says you're "too good to be true" but doesn't want to date you, it seems like a way of telling you she's just not interested.

"too good to be true" isn't the real reason she won't be with you. I don't know what the real reason is, but it's just another version of "it's not you, it's me"

Being too clean cut would have turned me off too. I don't know what you're doing to give this vibe...but when I think of being too clean cut, I imagine someone who doesn't drink, doesn't have sex, doesn't make me feel sexy, doesn't do anything a bit naughty - like go skinny dipping on the beach at night.

Edited to add: doing "everything right" is very subjective. What you think is right isn't what other people see as right.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 18-08-13 at 06:47 AM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Being too clean cut or too good to be true means "BORING" "NO CHALLENGE" and that leads to no sexual energy or intrigue.

Quote Originally Posted by actualgoodguy View Post
    I've been told by the last two girls I've dated that I was "too perfect" and "too clean cut". They were turned off by this and I can't figure out why. Ladies is a guy who seems to do everything right and has is act together a turnoff, or are they intimidated or something else? I mean I date girls in their early 20s, sort of a rocky point in most people's lives. The last girl told me I was too good to be true, being a 24 year old and having my life so together, but again she didn't want to date me. The last girl literally said I was too clean cut and that she liked that about me but we were too different. So why is having qualities like this at a young age a turnoff to these girls?

You're probably boring and predictable.....actually I know you are !
    Last edited by surfhb2; 18-08-13 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Being too clean cut or too good to be true means "BORING" "NO CHALLENGE" and that leads to no sexual energy or intrigue.
    Sexual energy is very important...with that definition, I'd be a little bored as well. Being nice, loyal and polite is wonderful, but you need to have that naughty side for sure.

Your too uptight, your views on sex and virginity are too estreme and you refuse to compromise at all or listen to the advice being given, you are v insecure and cant bear the thought of your girl ever being with someone else and you think your better than other men coz your a virgin and you think that makes you a better catch. Sure your better than the players but your equal to every nice guy on the planet who dont use women for sex.. Except the difference is: they wont interrogate her and want every detail of her sexual past like "how many hjs you give him... Omg 20, your a slut"

Seriously man get therapy
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Wow the truth comes out...hahaha women are stupid and like bad boys when they are young, they usually grow out of it. Men are stupid because most of act a certain way just to attract women. Be yourself man, a woman hates a fake more than anything,if they say u r to good to be true she probably thinks your are faking it, if yr not faking then keep it up, there are hot 30 yr olds who will see your good qualities.

I doubt it's because you are "too good." It would be more like, you're too boring. Do you like adventure? Do you like to have fun? What does too clean cut mean? You don't drink? Not even casually? Explain better.....

A guy who has his life together, and is polite, and nice, and patient, and goo hearted... These are all turn ONS. But you can't be boring and predictable. Women enjoy passion and excitement.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Plus, if you haven't noticed, most "bad boys" radiate confidence. If you don't, that is a turn off as well.
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    I doubt it's because you are "too good." It would be more like, you're too boring. Do you like adventure? Do you like to have fun? What does too clean cut mean? You don't drink? Not even casually? Explain better.....

A guy who has his life together, and is polite, and nice, and patient, and goo hearted... These are all turn ONS. But you can't be boring and predictable. Women enjoy passion and excitement.
    I like running, biking, hiking, being outdoors, doing stuff around the house (gardening, painting the house, working on my car), I've been to almost every US state, love traveling, exploring new places.

Not sure what clean cut means, she just told me that. I don't drink because what's the need, it's just a beverage, what's the difference if it's water, juice, soda, or alcohol? And it's not like it's healthy, so I'd rather just have something that's healthier.

I'd say I'm doing pretty well for my age. I'm 24 have a degree in engineering, good job, over $300,000 to my name. I'm always polite and understanding to people I meet. I just try to do the best and most right thing in every situation of my life. I'm not boring, I love keeping things light and making people laugh, but I know when to be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    Plus, if you haven't noticed, most "bad boys" radiate confidence. If you don't, that is a turn off as well.
    Yes, they may radiate confidence, but most are "bad" because they don't have enough "good" going for them. You don't have to try as hard to be bad as you do to be good. It's the easier way out. So although they may "appear" to be confident, it's only on the outside, inside it's a different story. The truly confident ones are confident because they truly know they're better than most. They don't need to give off an "image" to try to validate they're confidence. They're themselves, and that's enough if you're truly a confident person.

anonymous_a PROMISE ME YOU WON'T FALL FOR THE DOUCHES, IT'S JUST A FACADE!!!!!!

lalalita Guest
    I don't like "clean cut" men. I feel like clean cut is the opposite of what I find attractive. Not being clean cut has nothing to do with how much a gentleman a man is though, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by okwhat2013 View Post
    Wow the truth comes out...hahaha women are stupid and like bad boys when they are young, they usually grow out of it. Men are stupid because most of act a certain way just to attract women. Be yourself man, a woman hates a fake more than anything,if they say u r to good to be true she probably thinks your are faking it, if yr not faking then keep it up, there are hot 30 yr olds who will see your good qualities.
    Haha, exactly. I know most women my age are still immature and most women don't start maturing until mid-late 20s. Figure I'll probably have to wait till my early 30s to find a woman who's right for me. Haha, and yes I'm sure there are some great 30 yr olds now who'd love a guy like me, but I'm not interested in a 30 yr in 2013, no cougars for me lol. Come 2023 though I'll for sure be digging them 30 yr old women.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast