+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies is a guy who seems too good to be true a turnoff?

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by actualgoodguy View Post
    Haha, exactly. I know most women my age are still immature and most women don't start maturing until mid-late 20s. Figure I'll probably have to wait till my early 30s to find a woman who's right for me. Haha, and yes I'm sure there are some great 30 yr olds now who'd love a guy like me, but I'm not interested in a 30 yr in 2013, no cougars for me lol. Come 2023 though I'll for sure be digging them 30 yr old women.
    Why does age matter if they are what you are looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by okwhat2013 View Post
    if they say u r to good to be true she probably thinks your are faking it, if yr not faking then keep it up,
    Well that's the thing, we went out enough times she knew I wasn't. She said someone at your age with what you have and who you are has to be too good to be true. I honestly think she couldn't handle it. I feel like girls meet me sometimes, are intimidated and just get the hell out, cause they're scared they're not good enough and it's ridiculous, cause I'm not looking for a girl that's got everything or is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    Why does age matter if they are what you are looking for?
    Yeah, just simply a personal preference. Not into older women. I'm 24 and interested in women ages 20-24.

I like a guy that has some edge, not perfect, a cocky tease, a little perverted, and is open minded, laid back about sex, and alcohol, parties hardy.

lalalita Guest
    Well that's the thing, we went out enough times she knew I wasn't. She said someone at your age with what you have and who you are has to be too good to be true. I honestly think she couldn't handle it. I feel like girls meet me sometimes, are intimidated and just get the hell out, cause they're scared they're not good enough and it's ridiculous, cause I'm not looking for a girl that's got everything or is perfect
    You have a strange habit of putting yourself on a pedestal and making the girls the one who are at fault.

You have a strange habit of putting yourself on a pedestal and making the girls the one who are at fault.
    Her and other women are the one's who've put me on the pedestal. If I remember correctly from a previous post on here, one woman said I'm what most consider to be the gold standard. Blame the women, not me. I am who I am.

These are some direct quotes from a WOMAN about me. Just further proof it's not me, but women who are putting me on the pedestal.

-What it sounds like to me is that this is a case of you being too perfect.
    -You're probably intimidating to a lot of girls if everything you say about yourself is true.
    -Personally, based off what you said alone, I wouldn't think we were compatible...even though you're considered the gold standard in a lot of peoples' eyes.

The last line just proves my case that a woman can like the guy, but feels intimidated, likes she's not good enough, and this will make her run. And I've seen it the other way too, where the girl has a lot more going for her and the guy runs because he's intimidated

lalalita Guest
    ...they're not saying it in a good way.

...they're not saying it in a good way.
    How isn't being told those things good?

You will always have issues because you don't accept what others are telling you. You already have it figured out, but that kind of thinking has you confused, misguided, and not getting you anywhere. You constantly argue, disagree, and think what is said isn't valid. This is why you will be struggling with relationships, and your interaction with women.

These are some direct quotes from a WOMAN about me. Just further proof it's not me, but women who are putting me on the pedestal.

-You're probably intimidating to a lot of girls if everything you say about yourself is true.
    -Personally, based off what you said alone, I wouldn't think we were compatible...even though you're considered the gold standard in a lot of peoples' eyes.

The last line just proves my case that a woman can like the guy, but feels intimidated, likes she's not good enough, and this will make her run. And I've seen it the other way too, where the girl has a lot more going for her and the guy runs because he's intimidated
    Being "Perfect for me" is a compliment - but being "too perfect" is not a compliment. And being told that you'd be intimidating is an insult. Even those who are very successful in love and life can still be warm and welcoming to others.

In the last quote, note that she didn't say that you were the gold standard in HER eyes? It's because she doesn't think you're that special. She's not intimidated - and she knows she's good enough for anyone who takes her interest. She is simply letting you down easy with something similar to the line "It's not you, it's me". Which really means "I'm not interested in you but I don't want to hurt you by telling you the real reasons"

And for the record, when a girl tells you "I'm not good enough for you" it translates to something similar to "you really ought to go find someone else because I can't be bothered being what you want me to be"
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I like a guy that has some edge, not perfect, a cocky tease, a little perverted, and is open minded, laid back about sex, and alcohol, parties hardy.
    Ditto......
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Sad how OP keeps ignoring the fact that no woman likes a judgmental prude.

By the way if you are 24, that means you would be interested in 30 year olds in 2019.

You sound like you're probably arrogant, and your username backs that assumption up. I think you have taken a mis-conception of reality here. Something is wrong with you, and being "too perfect" isn't it. Time to take a good long look in the mirror and see what they're seeing, because it sounds to me like you might be a bit of a cocky dink.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Yikes, I guess I'm talking to the wrong women than, didn't know you're that type of woman, you a biker chick?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast