+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ladies is a guy who seems too good to be true a turnoff?

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    Wow. If you come across this full of yourself in person it's blaringly clear why woman don't respond well.
    Oh, I never come across as full of myself with a girl or any time in public. It's there, but only on the inside. I'm never cocky to anyone, let alone a girl I'm interested in.

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by actualgoodguy View Post
    Oh, I never come across as full of myself with a girl or any time in public. It's there, but only on the inside. I'm never cocky to anyone, let alone a girl I'm interested in.
    There has to be something if women are telling you those things.

Oh, I'll go to a party, be social, have a good time, I just won't drink. Why does it matter whether the liquid in my cup is beer or soda?
    I suppose it doesn't! But even still. Hiking, gardening, being outdoors - Not really for me. I don't mind running and biking, but more so just for the excercise of it. I can just tell that we wouldn't get along well. (We may get along, but we wouldn't be compatible). Like I said, you just need to make sure you find girls with similar interests. Have you tried online dating? Putting all your interests on display for women to consider before they decide to try and date you?
    May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    No. I would want a guy whom I feel is my equal
    Well there's my answer then, I just haven't found my equal. If that's what these girls have been truly feeling, then I guess it makes sense. It just seems, if you're a nickel and find another nickel you're happy, but if you find a quarter later on, wouldn't you trade the nickel for the quarter?

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    Have you tried online dating?
    Been on for a year

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    There has to be something if women are telling you those things.
    Searock said it, they don't feel like they're my equal. If that's the reason, then it's pretty obvious now and I don't blame them

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I wouldn't want to be with a guy that I consider to be "too perfect" - if I told that to someone, I wouldn't mean it in a good way.

Of course you mean it in a good way. You just feel inferior and that wouldn't make you feel good about yourself. After all who wants to feel like they're the lesser of the two. Example, I wouldn't want to fight a UFC fighter, it would make me feel not confident and less of myself. I would want to fight someone of my own skill

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_a View Post
    Hiking, gardening, being outdoors - Not really for me.
    Haha, that's fine, I just said these things to show I'm not boring, like adventure and trying new things.

Searock said it, they don't feel like they're my equal. If that's the reason, then it's pretty obvious now and I don't blame them
    I don't mean "equal" as in "as good as me". There is no better or wrong, there is just compatible. You still haven't found a woman you are compatible with, that's all.

Of course you mean it in a good way. You just feel inferior and that wouldn't make you feel good about yourself.
    No. I don't need a guy to feel good about myself. I wouldn't want to be "perfect", nobody is. I like people with quirks and flaws that I can relate with, not people who seem fake because apparently they have it all figured out.

I think she was using an euphemism to say that you come off as a bit of a douche, thinking you're all that when in fact you're probably just boring and judgmental.

lalalita Guest
    "I'm so great, and if women don't like me it is because I am better than them and they find me intimidating." Is exactly how you come across. MAJOR turn off.

How about recognizing some flaws?

All I can say is that now I have another weapon in my already loaded arsenal. And it certainly couldn't have been achieved without you ladies input. Thank you

I can honestly say that I think this forum has helped me. I think the last piece of the puzzle was solved for me today. Thanks to all those who helped and gave advice. I really appreciate it. Good luck to everyone!!!

I dont think OP is like that in real life. Most likely guy dont drink and not smoking too. Dont call girls biches and think that not doing bad things is bonus. What it is but good without the bad is like clear sugar - real boring. Sometimes to its good to be fun too.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Wait, so what you "understood" from the advice that was given to you is that you are probably too good for most of the women you have been on dates with up till now, and that's why it didn't work out?

Cause if that's what you "understood", it's not going to help you at all. Quite the opposite actually: you are going to continue behaving as though you think you are better than most people. Huge turn-off.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast